Ajayi Crowther University an Anglican Church school, has a long-trailing and rich history which cannot be ignored. The higher institution historically started in 1853 as CMS Training Institution in the city of Abeokuta, Ogun State before it was moved to Lagos in 1868 this did not end there, the institution finally found its way to its present resting place which was the defunct St. Andrews College in Oyo State.
The school was given its present name and tertiary institution status in 1999 but was licensed after to operate in full University capacity in 2005 by the National Universities Commission. As the name implies the University is name after the first African Bishop (Anglican), who also doubled as the first to translate the Holy Bible into the Yoruba language, the Late Samuel Ajayi Crowther, whose Episcopal ministry did cover the whole of the West African sub-region.
Ajayi Crowther University offers the following degree programmes for prospective candidates:
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- English B.A.
- Christian Studies B.A
- History & International Relations B.A.
- Religious Studies B.A.
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Accounting B.Sc.
- Banking & Finance B.Sc.
- Business Administration B.Sc.
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics B.Sc.
- Communication & Media Studies B.Sc.
FACULTY OF LAW
- B. Degree
READ ALSO- Anchor University: How To Register Courses, Pay School Fees Online And All You Need To Know
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
- Microbiology B.Sc.
- Computer Science B.Sc.
- Computer Science (ICT) B.Sc.
- Physics with Electronics B.Sc.
- Geology B.Sc.
- Industrial chemistry B.Sc.
- Biochemistry B.Sc.
- Mathematics B.Sc.
- Statistics B.Sc.
Below are the requirements of Ajayi Crowther University for admission of prospective student to study in the institution:
Prospective Candidates who are applying into 100 level undergraduate study programs should possess a minimum of five (5) O/level credit passes at not more than two sittings in GCE, SSCE, NABTEB, NECO.
N.B: There is a special tuition fee concession given to prospective applicants into B.A. Christian Studies & B.A. Religious Studies at N150,000 per session.
How To Apply For Courses
To apply for admission into Ajayi Crowther University, prospective candidates should follow the below steps:
- Prospective candidates should visit the University’s website via http://admission.acu.edu.ng to complete an online registration form.
- Alternatively, candidates can also visit http://admission.acu.edu.ng to download the form hardcopy and submit it with an attached photocopy of the payment teller by hand or by post to
Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
P.M.B. 1066, Oyo Town
(check below for payment details)
Candidates are expected to make payment of N6,000 only to any branch of the bank below:
BANK NAME: Stanbic IBTC Plc
A/C NUMBER: 9202409902.
For further enquiries on admission into Ajayi Crowther University, the institution maintains dedicated phone helplines for that purpose:
0814-592-0637, 0810-440-8768, 0810-444-0029 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective students are to pay the following fees according to what faculty of study they belong to. The below list is a grand total of each faculty’s tuition fee for the first semester:
- FACULTY OF HUMANITIES – N390,000
- FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES – N452,000
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES – N437,000
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES – 223,600
- FACULTY OF LAW – 695,000
- ACCOMODATION – 105,000 (1st & 2nd Semesters paid together)
- Acceptance Fee: 20,000
- Annual Parents/sponsors forum fees – 10,000