Obafemi Awolowo University is a federal university in Nigeria, Osun state which is owned and operated by the Federal government of Nigeria. It is located in the ancient city of Ile-Ife, Osun state. It was founded in 1961 and was then called the University of Ife by the regional government of Western Nigeria but was later renamed Obafemi Awolowo University on May 12, 1987 in honor of Chief Obafemi Awolowo who was the first premier of the Western Region of Nigeria.
The institution offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various fields covering the arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, the medical sciences, engineering and technology. The university has thirteen faculties, two colleges (College of Health Science and the Postgraduate College) and also a centre for Distance Learning. OAU also offers part time degree programs in affiliation with Adeyemi College of Education in Ondo State (Adeyemi College of Education is an NCE awarded institution but affiliates with OAU to offer first degree through part time).
Obafemi Awolowo Centre For Distance Learning (OAUCDL)
The Obafemi Awolowo University Centre for Distance Learning was established in 2002 by the governing council. The centre was charged solely with the responsibility of facilitating the development and coordination of delivering degree and sub degree programs by open and distance learning mode through the use of modern information and communication technologies. The centre provides some of the following programmes:
- Foundation programme- This include the Pre-degree and the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB).
- Undergraduate degrees.
- Postgraduate degrees.
Objectives Of The Center For Distance Learning
Some of the objectives of the programmes are as follows:
- Develop and establish high value and demand driven degree and none degree programs.
- Provide increased educational opportunities to those disadvantaged.
- Build mutually beneficial linkages with industry
- Attain financial sustainability by generating financial resources necessary to support the University’s mission.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science On OAUCDL
OAU School Of Nursing Admission Requirements
- All Applicants must be nurses registered by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (RN/ RPN/ RM/RPHN etc).
- Applicants must also possess West African School Certificate/GCE with credit in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings. The subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Candidates shall be invited for written and oral Interview.
Duration Of Study
The programme is scheduled for five (5) Academic Session and available in both face to face and online study model.
READ ALSO- OOU Portal: How To Register For Post UTME, Admission Requirements And Check Results Online
Before you can apply, you must first choose the programme you intend to apply to after thoroughly perusing the list of available programs. After this, you should read the admission requirements to know if you possess all necessary qualification. Now you can begin your application.
- Create an account on the application portal
- Pay the appropriate application fees which is dependent on the type of program you are applying for. You can pay at First Bank, Skye Bank and UBA, request for eTranzact network or pay online using your interswitch enabled debit or credit card.
- Complete your application form with appropriate details
OAU Part Time Studies
The Part time program is run at Adeyemi College of Education where lectures are given but Certificates are issued by OAU and students are awarded Bachelor’s degrees.
How To Apply For OAU Distance Learning
- Visit http://aceondo.net and click on apply online.
- Select 2017/2018 part time degree application.
- Choose your username, enter your email and create a password then click apply.
- Pay application fee. You can pay online by clicking make payment, follow the onscreen instructions then enter your card details when requested. You can also pay the sum of #10,000 into any bank nationwide, just ask to use the eTranZact pay outlet to pay for Adeyemi College of Education Part time degree application fee. You will be given a pin at the bank to process the form online.
- Click my application and fill the form correctly.
- Print out the processed application form after it has been completed, then submit 2 copies to the Directorate of Part time studies, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo.
OAU Distance Learning And Part Time School Fees
Fresh Students- Sciences (#81,000) Arts (#71,000)
Returning Students- Sciences (#91,000) Arts (#81,000)