Lagos State University is one of the universities in the south western part of Nigeria. It was founded in 1983 and has since then continue to grow from strength to strength. Today, the academic institution has a student population of about 35,000 with faculties divided into two campuses known as Epe and Ojo campuses.
In its continued state of advancement to meet up with current academic revolutionary developments, the Lagos State University issued out a mandate in the second semester of the 2005/2006 academic session to process academic results and create profile for undergraduates electronically. This birth the data processing unit of the institution fondly referred to as DPU.
After inauguration, the unit carried out several functions which include results Database management, senate document archiving, support for lecturers and students, Postgraduate Result processing, creating old students profile, transcript request management etc.
Lagos State University Data processing unit has the mission to support both lecturers and students. Lecturers are supported by assisting them in the electronic result upload while students are granted full time access to their academic profile electronically. They also have the duty to provide solutions to any problem that may arise from these functions either on the part of students or lecturers. The data processing unit later transformed to Integrated Data Centre and also went from manual computation with the aid of excel templates to a more effective e-process platform.
Basic Functions Of LASU DPU
- Creation of data processing platform that can be reached anytime throughout the world.
- Provide well organized academic profile of students on the platform
- Sandwich programme processing and other allied programmes.
- To provide assistance to other DPU units and the Senate of the University.
- Production of electronic academic transcript
- To offer support to lecturers for easy access and use of the platform.
How To Check Academic Profile
For students to check their online academic profile and results, students will need to access the online portal. Below is a guide:
- Log on to https://lidc.lasu.edu.ng
- Navigate and click on ” FULLTIME UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT”
- It will take you to a new page where you can login with your matriculation number.
- What comes next is your academic profile which is printable.
Please note that results appear as lecturers post upload them online.
LASU Integrated Data Centre Facts
- Its first website was dpu.lasu.edu.ng and was hosted on Secaucus NJ, United States.
- The website, dpu.lasu.edu.ng was estimated to be receiving 24,126 unique visitors on a daily basis.
- The Integrated Data Centre handles all results issues electronically for all categories of students from applicants to full time and postgraduate students.
- The creation of the unit is in furtherance of the institution goal to offer world class service.
- The first head of the unit is Dr. Moses A. Akanbi.
For any enquiry or complaints, you may send an email to email@example.com or visit Integrated Data Centre, Lagos State University, Ojo Campus, Lagos, Nigeria.