Mount Kenya University is a private educational institution located in Thika, Kenya. The university often referred to as MKU is one of the biggest private university in Kenya. The university was founded in 1996 as an institute of technology and became a private university in 2006. The school has quite a number of campuses scattered around locations in Kenya with the main campus at General Kago road, Thika. The university is divided into eight schools, one college and one institute. With the only college housing the health sciences department. Other notable programmes are in the school of Engineering, Law, social Sciences, Education amongst others.
MKU Students Portal
The management of MKU operates a student portal where students can easily have access to facilities available to students of the university. MKU students can now register courses online, pay fees, check admission list, check academic calendar and view semester result right from the students’ portal.
To access the students portal students are to
- Login to the students portal from a browser at https://studentportal.mku.ac.ke
- Old students who are already registered will have to enter their student ID or registration number and enter their password which can either be their phone numbers, National ID or Passport number.
- Then click on Login
- Applicants or new students will have to use their application or reference number issued to them at the time of application where they will now have to click on generate offer.
- Students can change password at any time by clicking on the change password option to the left of the students’ portal.
How To Register Courses Online
Students can register for semester course online at the beginning of each semester by
- Go the your student portal by login to https://studentportal.mku.ac.ke
- Enter your Login details i.e. your Students ID and password in lower cases (small letters).
- Click on the login tab
- On the display page click courses registration on the top and begin the online course registration process.
- Use the quick add drop down menu to search for courses to be registered.
- Enter the course code to be registered and click on add.
- After adding the course, verify courses and click on register to finish registration.
- Once you have finished the registration the screen then display the list of registered courses for your confirmation.
- Make sure you print out a hard copy as evidence of course registration and keep it safe.
How To Pay School Fees
The university does not operate an online payment system or other form of mobile payment. Whenever the institution begins an online payment students will be notified on the students portal and in their respective schools and college.
Be advised that the school only accepts the following modes of payment of fees.
- Cash Deposits/Transfer to any of the university operated accounts
- Bankers Cheque
- Students can obtain the university recognised account number from the bursar or account departments in their respective schools/college.
- Students can also access the information on how to pay fees on the students portal by clicking on “Fees” and following the procedure outlined.
How To Check Results Online
Students’ can check results online at the end of the semester once they are available by
- Login to the students portal here https://studentportal.mku.ac.ke
- Enter your Students ID and password
- Click on the result tab
- Select the session and semester you wish to check
- Ensure to download or print a copy of the result
Results can also be checked at the school/college notice board once they are available.