Protea Hotel was founded on 1st July, 1984 by Marriott International owned by Otto Stehlik in South Africa. It is the leading South African hotel brand with headquarters in Cape Town. The company was owned Bankorp (60%) and by Stehlik and his partners (40%). They were the directors of the company. It is the largest hotel company in Africa with over 100 properties in 8 African countries that include include Ghana, Malawi, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Namibia, Tanzania, as well as Zambia .
As at the time of its founding, the Protea Hotels had four properties it was managing. There were two in Cape Town, one in Johannesburg as well as one in KwaZulu Natal South Coast. The company has grown since then till now that it is now in 8 African countries with over 10,000 rooms in the African continent and it is still growing.
Awards And Accolades
Due to the excellence of services rendered by Protea Hotels in the African continent, this led to several awards and accolades from diverse places. Today the company has won several awards and accolades to its name. Protea Hotels has won 2 World Travel Awards for Best Hotel Group in Africa. She has also won 3 Sunday Times Markinor Top Hotel Brand Awards as well as a winner of 7 Sunday Times Generation Next Awards for the Coolest Hotel Group. These awards and accolades show a recognizable service of excellence rendered
In June 2016, TripAdvisor, the world’s largest online travel website, recognised and gave some of the Protea Hotels 2016 Certificate of Excellence Award. Protea Hotels was also recognized and given Travellers’ Choice Award.
Protea Hotels In Nigeria
Protea Hotels are usually found in Lagos and Abuja. They come with sophisticated facilities and modern Hotel services which include smoke-free rooms, Bar/lounge, Outdoor pool, Fitness center, Meeting room, Air conditioning, 24 hour room service, Daily Housekeeping, 24 hour business center, Concierge services, Luggage storage, Free WiFi in rooms and public areas etc.
Below are the contact details and address of Protea Hotels in Lagos and Abuja
Protea Hotels In Lagos
Kuramo Waters Close, Off AkinOgunlewe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Mobile No: +234 1 4547701
42/44 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA102215, Lagos
Plot 2 Assibifi Road, Ikeja, Agidingbi, Lagos
Plot 1700 Violet Yough Close, Victoria Island100001, Lagos
22 Awolowo Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos
1 Mugambo Close Maryland Estate, Maryland, Lagos
Protea Hotels In Abuja
3 Negro Crescent, Maitama Abuja, Nigeria
Mobile No: +234 708 630 0440
Online Booking And Reservation On Protea Hotels
You can make reservation online by following the steps below:
- Log on to http://protea.marriott.com
- Navigate and click on “Booking Now”
- Navigate and click to choose a location. The location includes Western Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal, Eastern Cape, Free State, Mpumalanga, Namibia and Nigeria.
- Once you choose a country, it will display the list of Protea Hotels in the location, then click on book now to book the Hotel.
- Then it will bring a page where you can view rates by clicking on view rates. You can also check availability for each room types by clicking on check availability.
- From view rate and availability, it will tell you if the room is available at that time. If not, you may check other nearby Protea Hotels.
- If available, the next thing is to make reservation by making payment online with your ATM cards. Just filling the information required from the card and the amount.
Please note that credit cards are acceptable and payment are made online. Also at the front desk, there is POS through which you can make payment with your ATM cards. If you have issue with booking online, please call 0861 11 9000.