Vodafone Group Enterprise (VGE) is our Global organisation, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. We are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do ‘more with less’ by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
1.) EHOD; Legal, Regulatory and Compliance
2.) Graduate Legal Officer
3.) Legal Support Officer
4.) Senior Treasury Accountant
- Handle commercial-legal and regulatory issues within the company with the purpose of eliminating legal and contractual risk and gaining for the company every lawful advantage.
- Handle drafting, reviewing and negotiation of vendor and supplier contracts.
- To ensure that all Company businesses are conducted within the ambits of the law with adequate compliance with all statutory industry Regulations and provisions
- Coordinate application processes for frequencies and licences at the NCC as well as associated periodic reports.
- Ensure compliance with all immigration rules and regulations.
- To support in reducing contract turn-around time by coordinating contract execution process, quality checks and the dispatch and movement of contracts and Legal documents in and out of the department.
- Provide support on company secretariat tasks, draft resolutions as required from time-to-time and advise on relevant corporate law requirements as well as coordinate company corporate filings and returns.
- To carry out legal research of applicable laws and regulations and provide legal guidance and opinion so as to ensure that all companies actions and dealings are in compliance therewith.
- Coordinate and monitor all company’s litigations and Debt Recovery Processes and advise the EHoD; Legal and Regulatory appropriately.
- Such other tasks as may be assigned by the EHoD Legal and Regulatory
- Candidate should be a qualified lawyer and must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Law Degree (Second Class Lower Division). A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have working knowledge of Telecommunications Law, Commercial Law, Property Law, Company Law and Law of Contract.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Good command of English Language and must be proficient in the use of Computer and Microsoft Office packages and a working knowledge of SharePoint and SAGE Pastel is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have a broad-based positive attitude, strong and a desire to work as a member of a high-performance global team.
- The candidate should be collaborative, open to working with a diverse group, and interested in dynamic, progressive and evolving work and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess first-rate comprehension, analytical and problem-solving skills, and an orientation towards learning and accepting intellectual challenges.
- Smart and hardworking
- Disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality
- Respect for colleagues
- Calmness under work pressure
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Application Closing Date
28th July 2016, 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: