The west African examination council (WAEC) is an examination body saddled with the responsibility of testing students in the highest cadre of secondary schools competence for tertiary education in polytechnic, monotechnic, college of education, Universities etc. Students who wish to possess admission into institution of higher learning must have at least five credit passes including Mathematics and English language in at least two sittings.
Although, the Council have the responsibility to conducts a number of international and national examinations within the west African countries with the exception of Nigeria where it conduct just one of its examinations, popularly known as The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates in May/June and the private candidates in November/December. The May/June is registered and done through an accredited secondary school. After the May/June WAEC examination which is expected to be the last examination of students in secondary school, their ability to pass will determine whether or not they further their education in the higher institution of learning.
WAEC Examination Registration Processes
The WAEC examination are of two types. The May/June is for school candidates while the November/December is for private candidates. The May/June is usually registered via the school principal while the November/December is done by respective candidates. Although the registration for both requires the same set of details.
Candidates are required to purchase a registration scratch card which will give them access to the registration page on the WAEC website. Below are the steps for WAEC registration:
- Purchase your registration card
- Log on to WAEC website
- Navigate and click on examination registration
- Input your PIN and Serial number to gain access to the registration form
- Fill in the Bio data and subject combination
- Verify all information
- Submit the form.
Things Needed To Check WAEC Result Online
To check the results, the following things are required;
- The student examination number
- The examination candidate number
- The year of examination
- The type of examination
- The result checker scratch card.
Steps To Check The Result Online
- Log on to www.waecdirect.org
- At the left hand side of the website, you will see a form with yellow background to be filled for checking result. Fill in the required details. Beginning with the 10-digit Examination Number. This is the combination of your 7-Digit centre number with the 3-digit candidate number you were given while writing the examination, i.e your serial number. So both written together will look like this 4234567123
- Input the year of your Examination eg. 2006. At the next column.
- Select the Type of Examination. That is, whether it is May/June or November/December.
- Fill in the Card Serial Number which is accessible at the rear side of the result checker Scratch card.
- Enter the PIN (Personal Identification Number) which is available on result checker Scratch card as well.
- After filling all the information, verify all the details you have filled in the appropriate columns.
- If all details are correct, click on the submit button.
- Your result page will come up and you can then print it.