The Lagos State Polytechnic, popularly called Laspotech offers part time programmes including both weekend and evening programmes and qualifies students for National Diploma and Higher National Diploma.
Gaining entrance into any of their programmes does not require one to sit for the Jamb examinations. Admissions are entirely based on O’level and OND results as applicable. Below is all you need to know about how to gain entrance into the institution.
The Lagos State Polytechnic has six part time programmes that candidates can choose from. It is advisable you decide what programme you are going for before proceeding to apply. Here is a list of the programmes:
- HND Day programme with the school located in Surulere
- ND Day programme with the school of part time studies located in Surulere
- HND Regular which is a weekend programme
- ND Regular which is a weekend programme
- HND Evening with the school of part time studies located in Ikorodu
- ND Evening with the school located in Ikorodu
To be eligible to apply, you must possess the following:
- At least five credits at O’level including Mathematics and English Language. The school also accepts NABTEB results alongside other types of O’level
- National Diploma result for HND candidates in a related course as well as a one year industrial attachment carried out after the ND programme
- If candidate is above 40 years of age, he can use an O’level result with three credits and two passes provided that he has fifteen years of work experience at a supervisory level although admission is entirely at the school’s discretion.
How To Get The Part Time Form
Like we said earlier, candidates seeking admission into Laspotech’s part time programmes do not need to sit for the Jamb examinations. They can simply go ahead to obtain the form with the relevant credentials. Forms are also sold online for easy access and to obtain form, candidates will have to:
- Log onto www.mylaspotech.edu.ng
- Click 2018/2019 Admission
- Enter their personal details according to the prompt.
- Click the confirmation link sent to their mail
- Come back to the school portal via their login details, that is, username and password
- Pay the required fees using their ATM card on the Interswitch platform
- Go back to the admission page and complete the registration
- Upload the relevant documents and a passport photograph of not more than 20kb
- Proceed to print after submission.
Admission statuses are uploaded as early as 24 hours after candidates successfully fill the form. So, you can come back in 24 hours to check if you.