The prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University is a federal government owned university and also operated by the Nigerian government. It is located in the ancient city of Ile-Ife, Osun state. It was founded in 1961 and was then called the University of Ife by the regional government of Western Nigeria but was later renamed Obafemi Awolowo University on May 12, 1987 in honor of Chief Obafemi Awolowo who was the first premier of the Western Region of Nigeria.
The institution offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various fields covering the arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, the medical sciences, engineering and technology. The university has thirteen faculties, two colleges (College of Health Science and the Postgraduate College).
There are two ways an applicant can gain admission into OAU’s undergraduate programme
– UTME route
– Direct Entry route
Admission Requirements For Direct Entry Applicants
- Five credit passes in O’level (GCE/WASCE/NECO) in not more than two sittings.
- A credit pass in English and maths is compulsory except for applicants seeking admission into faculty of arts or law, in which case maths may not be compulsory.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in any three relevant subjects or passes in two major subjects in the NCE with SSCE, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in three other subjects (mainly for Education major)
- Applicant must obtain a direct entry form from JAMB and choose OAU as first choice.
- Direct entry is not open for part time students and only students with the required cut- off shall be offered provisional admission into 200level.
- Applicants must obtain and register for Direct entry qualifying entrance exam
- Applicants can only study the same course on their certificate i.e you will be offered admission to study the same course on your NCE or ND certificate.
READ ALSO- Jigawa State University: How To Register Courses, Check Result And Pay School Fees Online
Application /Admission Process
- Applicant must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST for such candidate to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB online Registration portal on www.jamb.org.ng. Your name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- Applicants should pay for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text should be done at the banks and NIPOST. They can also pay for JAMB E-PIN- registration at the accredited CBT centres or JAMB state offices.
- Applicants should visit any accredited CBT centre with his/her personal details, the www.jamb.gov.ng profile and evidence of payment.
- The CBT centre or JAMB State Office, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing the following items:
- Electronic brochure showing admission guidelines of various tertiary institutions and available programmes of study.
- Guide on completing the application form
- At the CBT centre, applicant’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
- Applicants should provide O’level or A’level results. Applicants who are awaiting result should supply the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S portal.
- Applicants are to collect their e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
Direct Entry Screening Exercise
- Applicants should visit OAU eportal at www.oauife.edu.ng and click on ADMISSION SCREENING-UTME/DE APPLICANTS using their JAMB Registration Numbers to download RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) and you can use it to pay E-portal Access Charge on Remita platform which accepts cash payment via bank or master card.
- After payment, applicants should update JAMB data, upload SSCE result (WAEC /GCE/NECO), scan copy of certificate/online WAEC or NECO result.
- Print Admission Screening Report.
1 thought on “How To Register And The Admission Processes Of OAU Direct Entry Program With Requirements”