The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN , is a federal university located in Nsukka , Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has three campuses – Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla – all located in Enugu State.
Unn Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
Every candidate applying for the University of Nigeria postgraduate programmes must have obtained the following qualification to qualify for the postgraduate admission process.
- All applicants must possess at least five credit passes in their O’level subject combination which should include English Language and Mathematics (if this is relevant to your choice of course), and any other three subject combination which should be in accordance to your choice of course.
The five (5) credit passes should be obtained in the SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, or the GCE examination, or any of its acceptable equivalent.
- All applicants must have the minimum entry requirements for admission into the Undergraduate Program in their field of study.
This requirements include the Jamb and Post Utme cut off (the year you wrote yours) among others.
How To Register For The Postgraduate Admission Process
All applicants are to purchase the on-line application form which is Twenty Five thousand naira only (25,000).
Payment would be made via the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Platform.
The service is available to any bank in the country.
Follow the procedure below to get started.
- Applicants should visit the school’s website at www.unn.edu.ng
- Click on the UNN Portal link, or you can go there directly through unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on the ‘PG Application form’ tab.
- A page would be displayed for you to generate your payment invoice.
- Input your phone number and every other required details in the box provided for them.
This is what would be used in generating your payment invoice.
The University of Nigeria advice candidate to provide a functional phone number, stating that this would enable them to reach respective candidate for the Admission screening exercise.
- Print out your payment invoice and proceed to any bank with it and your application form fee of twenty five thousand naira.
- Pay at the bank and obtain your payment confirmation pin.
- Go bank to the unn portal and input this confirmation pin.
- The application form will immediately be opened for you to fill.
- Fill the form carefully and accurately.
Make sure very single detail provided by you is error free.
- Upload all the necessary documents, including a recent passport photograph of you.
- Input your area of specialization in the space for ‘Field of Study’.
- After filling the form, proof read to ensure it is error free.
Any error in the application can render the form invalid and your 25k is gone, so be extra careful.
- Submit your application form, and print it out for manual submission.
- Referee Report.
Applicant would be in need of 3 referees.
Your application form would not be attended to with the referees missing.
Download three copies of the referee form after filling the application form, and give to your referees to fill.
Candidate are to download two transcript request form and send them to their former institution.
This is to inform your former institution to send your transcript to the University of Nigeria.
- Manual Submission
All forms should be packaged in accordance with the packaging instructions given by the school. The required documents should be added to it and sent to The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
All candidate who have meet this requirements would definitely be considered for admission.
For more information on the admission/application process, you are advised to visit the school’s website.