Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University (IBBU) was established in 2005 in Lapai, Niger State. It was named after Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, the former military head of state. IBBU began academic operations in 2005 and has expanded its academic programmes from the initial start by offering post secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in different disciplines.
Direct Entry Admission Criteria And Requirements
- Candidates who wish to apply for admission via direct entry must possess at least five credit passes in O’level in relevant subjects obtained in one or two sittings.
- Candidates should possess two credit passes at the advanced level or upper credit at the National Diploma or credit level passes in two major subjects in NCE or two passes at minimum of C grade in IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) along with SSCE/GCE O’level credit passes in five relevant subjects including Maths and English Language obtained in one or two sitting.
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age or more.
READ ALSO- FUTA Post Utme: How To Register For The Screening Exercise, Check Result And All You Must Know
Direct Entry Admission Process
- The first step is the online screening of results to verify if candidates are eligible for admission. Candidates should submit their O’level result online and successful candidates that meet the requirements should proceed to generate and print the payment permission slip at any of the stipulated banks. They may also pay online via Interswitch or WebPAY.
- Candidates are required to pay the sum of N2,300 and to submit their O’level result.
- Candidates should log onto the portal at www.ibbu.edu.ng. Enter your D.E registration no to confirm their eligibility and if eligible, enter your mobile phone no and number of results you want ti submit and any other necessary information then click the “Verify” button.
- A transaction invoice/ID will be generated for you after payment.
- Candidates should log into the portal to fill the online Application Form. Enter the subjects and respective grades obtained in O’level then print out a submission acknowledgement slip for the purpose of personal reference.
- Ensure you use a valid email address and phone number.
- Candidates should go to the screening venue with the following items: Print out of their JAMB UTME result slip, printed screening photocard and application form ( If you applied online) or completed Biodata Application form ( If you applied manually), original copy of birth certificate, copies of O’ level results, two recent passport photographs, Reference letter from a reputable public figure and original evidence of Payment.
- Candidates should note that the screening exercise is strictly Computer Based Test (CBT) and not written hence they should be prepared and also come early to the screening venue.
- Candidates are also advised to dress corporately for the exercise.
How To Check For IBBU Direct Entry Admission
- Visit the admission checking portal at http://portals.ibbu.edu.ng/ugreg/?q=admchecking2. Enter your Direct Entry registration number in the box provided
- Click on the button “Check Admission Status” and you will be able to view your admission status on the page displayed
- Read the instructions that follows to pay the acceptance fees and begin registration.