If you are seeking for a way to load your token for the Kenya power metre, we have got you covered. Here is a step by step guide to help you. Kindly read through.
How To Load The Token
You can be able to load your token and enjoy power supply in few ways which include via the vendor, via the M-Pesa and Airtel money. We shall take a look at a step by step guide for each of them. Please find them below;
Loading The Token Via Vendor
To load the token via vendor, you will need to know your meter number before meeting the vendor.
- Check your meter number by dialing 100 on the meter and it will be displayed.
- Visit the vendor and make payment for your choice
- Give the vendor your meter number
- Collect the 20 digit token from the vendor
- Load the token on your meter and it is done.
Loading The Token Via M-Pesa
To load your token via M-Pesa, please follow the steps below;
- On your mobile phone, navigate to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit and then select M-PESA menu.
- From there select “Lipa na M-PESA“
- Next is to choose “Pay Bill“ option
- Input “Enter Business number“ followed by the KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number which is 888880 and then press “OK”
- Pick the option “Enter Account number“, then input your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number, verify it and press “OK”
- Input the amount and press “OK”
- Input your M-PESA PIN and then press “OK”
- Verify that all the details are correct and press “OK” if they are.
You will then be sent a notification which will be something like this “Pay Kenya Power KSh 500.00 for Account 0100 xxxx xxxx x Press 1 within 20 seconds to STOP this transaction.” If the info is correct, simply cancel and the transaction will be completed. This will be followed with a confirmation SMS from M-PESA and a generated prepaid token for your meter.
READ ALSO- MKU Students Portal: How To Register Courses, Check Results and Pay School Fees Online
Loading The Token Via Airtel Money
To load your token via Airtel money, kindly follow the steps below;
- From your ”Airtel Money” menu, click on “Make Payments”
- Next is to choose “Paybill” option
- Then select either “Kenya Power Bill for postpaid bill” or “Kenya Power Prepaid for purchase of tokens.”
- Input the amount you want to pay.
- Next is to input your Airtel Money PIN.
- Input your full Kenya Power account number under the reference option. Please verify that the inputted number is correct.
You will then be sent a confirmation SMS for the transaction. It will take about 24 hours to be updated.
How To Check Your Prepaid Meter Number
Below are the USSD to dial on the different types of meter to get your prepaid metre number;
Conley Meter Box
To get your metre number on Conley Meter Box, kindly press #100 with the Enter key.
Actaris Meter Box
To get your metre number on Actaris Meter Box, please dial 100 and press either enter or the # key.
Shenzen Meter Box
On Shenzen Meter Box, simply press 65 followed with # to get your metre number.
Hexing Meter Box
To get your metre number on Hexing Meter Box, please press 804 followed by the Enter key
5 thoughts on “Kplc Paybill: How To Load The Token And Check Your Prepaid Meter Number”
the 20 digit number is taking too long to be delivered
Kindly assist,im unable to buy tokens for my new meter,I have tried thrice by using biz no 888880 then meter no 54400094717 then amount and the feed back im geting is ‘ the format of your account number was incorrect,please again with the corect account no.
Have bought my token but it is almost an hour and I haven’t received my token number. Account 37150855833
I have tried three days to load a token and have failed i have a total of 100units