Applying for Visa at The US Embassy In Nigeria could be very stressful and at the end of the day if one is not careful can also result in complete waste of time and resource. To schedule an appointment, follow the Carefully analyzed instructions and steps below. Each applicant will need to schedule a separate appointment, and each applicant will need a separate passport unless your minor child is endorsed in your passport for traveling parent with infant.
Steps In Applying For An America Visa By Filling The Online Form And Submit
- Visit the Nearest branch of GTBank Click HERE, then pay the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee that applies to your intended visa category.
- Kindly Complete a DS160 online visa application at http://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV. Once you have finished the application, you should print the DS160 application confirmation page. You will need the receipt number when scheduling an appointment and you will need the confirmation page on the day of your interview.
- Go to theCGI visa appointment website for the U.S. Mission to Nigeria at ustraveldocs.com/ng (Internet Explorer or Mozilla browser required)
- Click on the green “Apply Now” button on the upper right side of the screen. There you will find detailed instructions on how to schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment. On the website itself, there is also additional information about how to pay application fees and select the appropriate visa categories.
- Use the above website to request an appointment in either Abuja or Lagos. You will be asked to indicate where you would like to apply and where you would like to pick up your travel documents should you qualify for a visa (Note: these locations must match unless you choose to pick up at the DHL location in Port Harcourt.)
- Choose an appointment date and time that is available, and fill out the required information. Enter your Surname and all your Given Names exactly as they appear in your passport. Enter your passport number exactly as it appears in your passport, with no extra spaces. Enter the DS160 (CEAC) receipt number exactly as it was given to you when you finished your application. Provide an accurate e-mail address and telephone number (so Embassy or Consulate staff can reach you in case of emergency). Kindly NOTE: You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered here AND if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment. You may only schedule one appointment per passport number.
- You are advised to arrive at the interview venue before the appointed time as any Applicants who arrive more than 60 minutes after their scheduled appointment will not be allowed to interview, will have to schedule a new appointment and may be required to pay a new fee. Applicants who arrive on time but without required documents (for example, DS-160 confirmation page, I-20, Passport) have 60 minutes from their appointment time to return with the documents to be eligible for an interview.If they do not return within 60 minutes, they are required to schedule a new appointment and may have to pay a new fee. Applicants may reschedule using the same fee receipt after 48 hours only if they have not exceeded the schedule/cancellation limit.
Contact Address Of US Embassy In Abuja And Lagos
Please Direct ALL VISA AND AMERICAN CITIZENS SERVICES enquiries to
Consular Section, Abuja (Visas)
(American Citizens Services)
Embassy of the United States of America
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area, Abuja.
Consular Section, Lagos (Visas)
(Visas and American Citizens Services)
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Telephone: (234)-1-460-3400, 460-3600 (ACS only)