The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private students fondly referred to as WAEC GCE has we already know has turned a new leaf. It is now twice in a year. We have already discussed this in our previous article. Here we shall discuss how to check the results.
Getting set to check your WAEC GCE results?
Its not so fast. You need to get your results checker card from WAEC office or accredited dealers close by for N500 (five hundred naira only). Then you need to get an internet enabled device such as mobile phone, laptop, desktop etc and internet data. Once you get these, you may now proceed to check the results online.
Before you go online to check your results and print it, I would advise you check through SMS first. It will only cost you N30 (thirty naira only). Its simple and anyone can do it. You will also get your results in few minutes. You don’t need anything other than your details and the results checker PIN. Please ensure you have sufficient airtime balance before you send the SMS. This service is available for MTN, Glo and Airtel subscribers. Here is how to check your WAEC GCE results via SMS;
READ ALSO- How To Register Courses, Check Result On Edo State University Portal And Other Information
How To Check Your WAEC Result Via SMS
- On your mobile phone, navigate to the SMS menu
- Type message in this format WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear that is, if your exam number is 7890123456, exam year is 2018 and PIN to be 1234567890123 then simply type WAEC*7890123456*1234567890123*2018
- Verify the details and forward to 32327.
- You will get your results in few minutes via SMS.
After seeing the results, you may decide whether or not to print it. If you will like to print it,kindly follow the steps below to view the results online and print it
How To Check And Print Your WAEC Result Online
- Log on to the WAEC website, www.waecdirect.org
- At the left hand side of the web page, you will see few forms to fill to check your results. Fill in the details beginning with exam number, the year, Card Serial Number, PIN and select private candidate results.
- Verify all details and if there is no error, click on submit
The results will be displayed on the next page.
- To print, simply press the keys Crl with P and the printing block will come up. Check the settings and print. If you are checking via business center, its best to call for assistance for the printing.
It is worthy of note that sometimes the whole results may not be released and that means you need to exercise patience and check back. Also, keep at heart that your results checker card can only be used five (5) times. This include checking your results via SMS too.
If you need any assistance, please speak with any accredited WAEC agents you have around. You may visit the WAEC office in your state in case of any serious issue.