Covenant University was opened on the 21st October, 2012. The university is located in Ota, Ogun State of Nigeria. It was established by the World Mission Agency and the Living Faith Church Worldwide. The founder, Bishop David Oyedepo, the presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide as well as the chancellor of the university.
At the moment, the vice chancellor is Professor AAA Atayero. Covenant University runs both undergraduate and post graduate academic programs. Their academic programmes in four Colleges which are;
College of Business and Social Sciences (CBSS)
College of Leadership Development Studies (CLDS)
College of Engineering (COE)
College of Science and Technology (CST).
Students seeking to gain admission into the university are required to possess two separate admission requirements. These requirements are general requirements and Jamb prerequisites. The general requirement is the minimum entry requirements which are at least credit level passes in five (5) subjects at the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent, obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. The respective course also requires certain subject combination. That can be viewed at the departmental page on the university website.
The Jamb prerequisite is the statutory requirement for admission into any Nigerian University. Each candidate is to obtain a form, filled it and write the examination. He/she must meet minimum cut off mark by the regulatory bodies and the course cut off to gain admission into covenant university.
Please note that covenant university also carry out screening exercise aside the two requirements above. It is only those who pass the final interview of the university that will be offered admission.
Payment Procedure Guidelines
Payment at the University is done online through the university portal for both new and returning students.
Payment Procedure Guidelines For New Students
Once you have confirmed your admission into the university via the portal. And you are ready to pay your acceptance and school fees. Kindly proceeed to the school website and print out your NOTIFICATION SLIP. Click on CU PORTAL to access the slip.
Make use of the Covenant University Pin Payment Platform. Note that you are not to use etranzact.
Students are to pay the entire School fees before the resumption date.
Use your Registration Number as Username and Password. Please Note that the Transaction Charge to be added to your school fees when making payment at the bank is N350.
How to make payment via the Covenant University Portal
- Visit any of the banks listed below to make payment
GTBank, Ecobank, Enterprise Bank
UBA, Union Bank, Diamond Bank, Covenant Microfinance Bank (CMFB), First Bank, Access Bank, Zenith bank
- Request to make payment via the Covenant University PIN Payment platform.
- Follow the instruction given by the bank’s Teller
- Obtain a receipt printout. The print out will contain your PIN number as well as the Receipt number.
- Log on to www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng
- Click on ‘CU Portal’ at the top-right corner of the webpage
- Input your details and Login (Use Application No as ID and Password)
- Click on ‘Pay Fees’
- Click on the ‘Here’ link to proceed
- Enter ‘Amount’ and ‘Purpose’ of payment. Click on ‘Next’ to continue
- If payment detail entered is correct, click on the ‘Here’ link to proceed
- Click ‘OK’ to continue
- Click the ‘Here’ link to proceed
- Select ‘CU Pin’ as an option of payment
- Click on ‘Proceed’ to continue
- Enter ‘Receipt No’ and ‘Confirmation No’ to make payment
- Click on ‘Pay’
- Click on ‘Print Receipt’ to print your receipt