Olabisi Onabanjo University commonly referred to as OOU is a state owned educational institution located in Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State of Nigeria. The Institution was formed on July 7, 1982 as Ogun State University and later renamed after a civilian Governor of Ogun State Dr Olabisi Onabanjo on May 29, 2001.
The main campus of the institution is located in Ago-Iwoye known as the permanent site which houses the science departments. There are Temporary sites in Ibogun (Engineering department), Shagamu (Department of Medicine), Ijebu-Igbo (Mass Communication), Aiyetoro (Department of Agriculture), and in Ikenne which is home to the departments of Pharmacy and Biochemistry.
The school has an e-library, with 7 departments and 3 colleges dedicated to meeting the Academic Needs of over 5000 students.
How To Register Courses
- Log on to the school portal here (http://pgs.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/admission)
- Click on the check admission status tab to verify your admission and enter your form number and your password which is the same one you used while filling your application form and click on Login.
- Collect admission letter from the postgraduate school (Room A1)
- Click on Pay Acceptance fee. Then select either web payment or POS payment depending on the one that best suits you.
- After 12 hours click on Acceptance receipt to print acceptance receipt.
- Proceed to the registration officer for your first verification.
- Present photocopies of your documents ( O level results, jamb admission letter) to the registration officer.
- Make a photocopy of your verification documents.
- Proceed to your homepage on the website and click on pay school fees. Choose either web payment or POS payment depending on the one that best suits you. If you choose POS payment, print School fees invoice and then go to any POS terminal on campus to pay the school fees.
- After 12 hours of school fees payment Login to your homepage on the website to print your school fees receipt.
- Then go on to fill course form, after filling course form click on submit and endeavour to print copies of your course fom.
- Complete and print the following forms also.
- Identity card form
- Library card form
- Medical form
13.Proceed to the academic office to obtain 4 student files and attach a passport photograph on each of the files.
14. Submit one of the completed files with the originals of all the forms printed in 10-12 above including copies of all your receipts at the student registration office.
15.After submission of the file to the registration office you are to collect.
- Matriculation number
- Student prospectus
- List of books approved by your department
- A copy of the school academic calendar for the session
Note: you are to come for your student identity card 2-3 weeks later.
Courses / Departments In OOU
How To Check Results
Students can check their results on the students’ notice board in their departments once the results are out. All results are published once they have been approved by the school academic board. However the board holds the right to seize results of students who have not paid their fees or are sanctioned by the schools disciplinary committee. Results can also be checked online by login into the student online portal by entering their Login details and clicking on check results.