The authorities of Auchi Polytechnic have finally released the cut-off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise.
This AUCHIPOLY is one of the top tertiary institutions (Polytechnic) in Nigeria that have tried to maintain a certain standard. Most times it is said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. It’s true that here is no way AUCHIPOLY will decide to beat their cut off mark down below their minimum cut off mark.
The Meaning Off Cut Off Mark
Do you want to know what cut off mark means? Then don’t worry, we will explain it in a way you will understand.
First, cut off mark simply means a certain qualification or mark which candidates are expected not to score below if they want to be admitted for the particular course and academic year in view.
A suitable example is, if AUCHIPOLY sets its JAMB cut off mark as 200, then any student who scores below this 200 will automatically loose the admission.
So in generally, for any cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark but you will agree with me that it is very risky hanging on a knife’s edge.
We believe you now understand what cut off mark means.
The Entry Requirements For OND Candidates
For those who are interested in National Diploma program in Auchi polytechnic, candidates are required to possess the following:
- Must have five credit passes in WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE O’level in one sitting or 6 credit possess at two sittings
- Must have credit passes in English and Mathematics in SSCE or its equivalent, this is compulsory for all applicants.
- Must score 150 in JAMB.
- And in addition, all candidates must have chosen the Polytechnic as either first or second choice and scored required cut-off marks in accordance with the chosen course of study.
READ ALSO- All Access Bank Sort Code And How To Use For Transactions
The Entry Requirements For HND Candidates
For those who are interested in Higher National Diploma program in Auchi polytechnic, candidates are required to possess the following:
- Must have a National Diploma certificate in relevant field,
- Must have a minimum of lower credit(CGPA) of 2.50
- Must have five credit passes in WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE O’level in one sitting or 6 credit passes at two sittings which must include English Language and Mathematics as compulsory and other relevant subjects
- Must have 1year industrial training experience, and this is compulsory for all HND candidates,
- Finally, you will also be considered for admission if you have a pass in ND result with 2 years industrial training attachment.
Here Is The Auchi Poly Cut Off Mark
The Auchi Polytechnic institutional cut-off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise is 120 and above.
- For Accountancy is 180
- For Agricultural & Bio environment engineering Tech is 150
- For Agricultural Technology is 150
- For Architectural Technology is 150
- For Banking & Finance is 160
- For Building Technology is 150
- For Business Administration is 180
- For Ceramics Technology is 150
- For Chemical Engineering Technology is 150
- For Civil Engineering Technology is 180
- For Computer Science is 180
- For Electrical /Electronic Engineering Technology is 180
- For Estate Management is 150
- For Fashion Design and Clothing Tech. is 120
- For Food Technology is 150
- For General Art & Design is 120
- For Hospitality Management is 150
- For Marketing is 160
- For Mass Communication is 180
- For Mechanical Engineering Tech is 180
- For Mineral & Petroleum Resources Eng. Tech is 150
- For Office Technology and Management is 150
- For Photography is 120
- For Polymer Technology is 150
- For Public Administration is 160
- For Quantity Surveying is 150
- For Science laboratory Technology is 180
- For Statistics is 150
- For Survey and Geoinformatics is 150
- For Urban & Regional Planning is 150