The illness diabetes, happens to be a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar. It is observed that the hormone insulin moves sugar from the blood into your cells to be stored or used for energy. Once you have diabetes, your body either will not make enough insulin or can’t effectively use the insulin it makes.
Another thing is that the untreated high blood sugar from diabetes can damage your nerves, eyes, kidneys, and other organs.
Below Are Few Different Types Of Diabetes
- The Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease, which makes the immune system to attacks and destroy cells in the pancreas, where insulin is made.
- The Type 2 diabetes which occurs when your body becomes resistant to insulin, and making sugar to build up in your blood.
- The Prediabetes occurs when your body blood sugar is higher than normal, but not high enough for a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- The Gestational diabetes is high blood sugar during pregnancy. The insulin-blocking hormones produced by the placenta causes this type of diabetes.
The Symptoms Of Diabetes
Below are the general symptoms of diabetes which may include:
- An increased hunger
- An increased thirst
- Having weight loss
- A frequent urination
- A blurry vision
- An extreme fatigue
- Having sores that don’t heal
The Treatment Of Diabetes
Some doctors treat diabetes with few different medications. However, some of these drugs are taken via mouth, while others are available as injections.
The Type 1 Diabetes
One of the main treatment for type 1 diabetes is Insulin, which replaces the hormone your body isn’t able to produce.
However, there are four different types of insulin that are most commonly used. Sometimes they are differentiated by how quickly they start to work, and how long their effects can last:
- A rapid-acting insulin starts to work within 15 minutes and its effects last for about 3 to 4 hours.
- A short-acting insulin starts to work within 30 minutes and lasts about 6 to 8 hours.
- An intermediate-acting insulin starts to work within 1 to 2 hours and lasts about 12 to 18 hours.
- A long-acting insulin starts to work a few hours after injection and lasts about 24 hours or longer.
The Type 2 Diabetes
Sometimes diet and exercise can help some people to manage type 2 diabetes. In case a lifestyle change isn’t enough to lower your blood sugar level, then you’ll need to take medication.
THE FOOD TO AVOID
- A sugary beverages are the worst drink choice for someone with diabetes.
- An industrial Trans fats are extremely unhealthy.
- A white bread, rice and pasta are high-carb, processed foods.
- Taking a plain yogurt can be a good option for people with diabetes. But taking a fruit-flavored varieties are a very different story.
- Note that eating cereal is one of the worst ways to start your day if you have diabetes.
- Taking coffee has been linked to several health benefits, including a reduced risk of diabetes.
- Taking fruit is a great source of several important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and potassium.
Taking pretzels, crackers and other packaged foods aren’t good snack choices.
- Sometimes fruit juice is often considered a healthy beverage, but its effects on blood sugar are actually similar to those of sodas and other sugary drinks.