The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a Federal government agency responsible for organizing and overseeing admission of students into various higher institutions of learning in the country. The general criteria for admission into higher degree awarding institution are five credit passes in O’level which includes English Language and Mathematics.
How To Purchase, Apply For UTME And Fill The Form
- Candidates should buy the form from any commercial bank in the country. The form costs N5000 and an additional N500 is paid to obtain the redaing text “Independence” For UTME candidates. Along with the form, you will also get a CD that contains JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure and instructions. Note that the form is purchased along with an ePIN which is tied to individual profile and therefore is not transferable.
- Register your profile by sending your full name (Surname, first name then other names, maximum of 38 characters) to 55019. You will receive a profile code of 10 characters on the same registered phone number. To correct a mistake or recall a lost profile code, send RESEND to 55019 as SMS.
- You can purchase the ePIN from any of the following ePIN outlets: NIPOST, Paga, e-Tranzact, Teasypay, Readycash, Systemspecs (Remita), InterSwitch, Point of Sale (POS), Jaiz, Access, Ecobank, Firstbank, FCMB, Fidelity, Skye, Union, Unity and Zenith Bank. You can also purchase ePIN from Nigerian embassies in foreign countries (Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and London.
- After obtaining the PIN, go to any JAMB accredited CBT centres to register. Present the ePIN at any CBT centre. You will pay the sum of N700 at the CBT centre for your registration. Once your ePIN is entered at the CBT centre, your full name as registered on your profile will come up. Provide the details of your Biodata such as date of birth, Nationality, State of origin, Local government, Gender, Email address and home address. Select the choice of institutions and courses, enter your relevant qualification with grades and dates and upload the results. Enter your preferred UTME subjects and preferred town for UTME, Select Mock examination if you choose, take a picture capture and biometric enrollment taking fingerprints of all ten fingers, review your entries and then submit.
- Print the Registration slip displaying your picture using Biometric Authentication and collect the CD and reading text then wait for the exam date and venue.
Points Candidates Should Note
- Candidates should note that their first choice can be either a college of Education, University, Polytechnic, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Nigerian Defence Academy or the Nigeria Police Academy.
- Candidates are advised to register and select their preferred Exam town centre quickly on time before the available spaces in their town is exhausted and unavailable.
- Candidates must register their profile via SMS before buying the ePIN and registering at the CBT centre.
- The date for the UTME CBT examination will begin from March 9- March 17 2018
How To Check Your JAMB Result Online
- Visit the JAMB result checking portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility/CheckUTMEResults.
- Enter your JAMB registration number or email address then click on the button “Check My Results”
- Your results will be displayed if ready and if its not ready, you will have to check back again.