The Federal University of Technology (FUTA), Akure has been described on its website as a top ranking University of Technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation’s pride. The University was established in 1981 and this assertion is not an exaggeration. The University currently has eight schools and over fifty academic departments offering technology based courses. The University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The University also offers pre-degree science programmes, short term courses and advanced basic science programmes. It is located on Futa Road, Akure in Ondo State. If you are here to know how to apply for the Post Utme exercise, then you are on the right page. We have all you need packed in this article.
Eligibility And Requirements
To be eligible to take the Post Utme screening examination, you must:
- Have selected FUTA as your first choice in the UTME examination
- Have scored a minimum of 180 marks or more
- Have at least five credit passes at not more than two sittings including in English Language and Mathematics.
Getting a Pass in Physics is compulsory for entrance into FUTA.
This means that all candidates looking to enter FUTA must have at least five credit passes at O’ level including in Physics. They must also score not less than 180 marks in Jamb and Futa must be their first choice of institution.
This is pretty easy as year in and year out, a large of number of students are picking Futa because of the quality of graduates the institution is churning out. If you are on this page, you might have made that decision too but if Futa is not your first choice, then you cannot proceed from there.
The FUTA screening fee will cost you two thousand naira (#2000) only. You can pay this fee at any bank branch using the e-tranzact platform.
How To Apply
To apply for the screening exercise:
- Visit www.futa.edu.ng/putme/welcome/putmeappindex
- Fill the Post Utme application form with the required information
- Print a copy
Make sure to enter your details correctly.
Post Utme Screening Exercise
Here are a few things you should know before you go in for the screening exercise:
- If your preferred course is Financial Management Technology, you will need to change your institution as the programme is no longer offered at the University.
You are expected to bring the following to the screening venue:
- A copy of your bank teller
- Your UTME registration slip
- Your UTME Notification of Results slip
- Your e-tranzact payment print out
- One passport photograph
The screening venue for this year’s post utme screening is “Obanla campus” of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
Do not come with your cell phones or other electronic gadget.
The school has a Practice Test page on the website that you can use to practice for the examination.
Now that’s all you need to know about the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) post utme exercise. Cheers.