In case you’re having trouble figuring out how to bypass the Activation Lock on your iPhone or iPad, don’t feel bad it’s meant to be difficult to achieve.
The activation Lock is an iOS feature that has probably done more to prevent iPhone and iPad from been stolen as a security measure. But once locked, it’s nearly impossible to use the iPhone or iPad without an authorized Apple ID and password. This means that the device can’t be erased, reset, or otherwise modified to get it to work.
However, this can become a problem to you if you somehow find yourself with an Activation Locked device. One of the most common reason this happens is that you’ve bought or inherited an iPhone or iPad that came locked, and the original owner failed to unlock it for you.
Although, there are only two practical remedies: Either you bring the Apple ID and password, or you have sufficient proof of ownership, you might be able to get Apple Support to do it for you.
Here Is How To Bypass iCloud Activation Lock On iPhone/iPad
In case you’ve been able to get the Apple ID and password from the original owner of the iPhone or iPad, regaining access to the device is very simple.
Below Are The Steps To Take
1. You need to turn on the iPhone or iPad. Once you see the Activation Lock screen, enter the Apple ID password.
2. Once the iPhone or iPad finishes starting, you will want to disable Activation Lock:
- In case the iPad or iPhone is running on iOS 10.3 or later, start the Settings app, then tap the username at the top of the screen, and then tap Sign Out. After which, you’ll need to re-enter the password, and then tap Turn Off.
- If on an older device, start the Settings app, tap iCloud, and then tap Sign Out. After which, re-enter the password, and then tap Delete from My iPhone.
READ ALSO- MTN Xtra Combo Code And All The Benefits You Must Know
3. Then tap General.
4. Then tap Reset, and then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Once the device restarts, you’ll have a like-new device reset to its factory conditions, without an Activation Lock.
Here Is How To Bypass The Activation Lock Using iCloud
In case the person with the password is not close enough to enter the password into the iPhone or iPad, or can’t give you the info, you can still bypass the Activation Lock, however, the password owner will need to use the iCloud’s Find My Phone feature in a web browser.
1. Owner of the password should go to iCloud’s Find My iPhone page at www.iCloud.com/#find and then log in with the Apple ID password.
2. Then click All Devices and select the device that needs to be unlocked.
3. After which, click Erase iPad or Erase iPhone and confirm by clicking Erase again.
4. And then click Remove from Account.
Your device should now be unlocked, and it has already been reset to factory conditions.
You Can Ask Apple To Bypass The Activation Lock
Should in case you simply can’t get access to the Apple ID password, then unfortunately you don’t have a lot of other options.
Sometimes it’s possible that Apple will unlock the device for you. But you’ll need to have some proof that you are the legal owner of the device (such as a receipt or an email that confirms the previous owner has transferred ownership to you). In this case, contact Apple support at www.support.apple.com and request assistance.