Vehicle papers are important documents to a Driver if he or she wants to have a trouble free trip across the nation. The stress and waste of time that the vehicle inspection officers (VIO) as well the road safety personnels cause if you are caught with outdated vehicle documents, is something no one wants to be repeated.
In this piece, we shall discuss how to renew your vehicle papers online and associated fees. These documents include Vehicle license, road worthiness, Driver’s license as well as insurance. If this is what you seek to know, you are at the appropriate website. Kindly read through!
It is advisable that you renew these vehicle papers at least a week before the expiry time to be on the safer side. Ensure you have a reminder in place so that you won’t forget. It is a lot easier now because you can now do it online and also pay for it online without necessarily visiting any office.
Cost Of Acquiring And Renewing A Vehicle License
Getting your vehicle papers especially the vehicle license, road worthiness and insurance can be done online via a number of ways both online and offline. They can either be applied for together or separately. Here is how to go about it online;
- Log on to any corporate applying organization website to apply for all the above mentioned documents or one of them. These organizations will deliver to your home.
- Create an account
- Apply for the vehicle papers
- Fill in the required details with a snapshot of the expiring one.
- Make payment online with your ATM card.
You will be required to provide an address for the delivery. You should get in 24 hours.
Presently vehicle Registration and Licensing can be completed with between 25,000 To 30,000 Naira. While the renewal is between 10,000 to 13,000 Naira.
However Lagos State government is on the verge of increasing both the Fresh registration and the renewal with Fresh Reg at 100,000 Naira and Renewal at 30,000 Naira.
How To Renew You Driver’s License Online
For Driver’s license online renewal, you may follow the steps below;
- Log on to Driver’s license renewal website, https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
- Navigate and click on Driver’s license and select “Driver’s License Renewal”
- On the next page, input your driver’s license number with your date of birth.
- Click on the search icon and when your details come up, click on it to view your details
- Update your details if you need to.
- Next is to select the office where you want to do your picture and Biometrics capture and then submit.
- Print the application form and take note of your application number.
- Next is the payment, click on “Pay Now” option.
- Check the amount to pay and proceed by clicking on “Proceed To Pay”
- Select e-Wallet payment option to pay with your ATM card
- Login into your e-Wallet account and if you don’t have, you can create one.
- Navigate to click on Bill and then select active bill from its option
- The payment details will be displayed, verify and click on pay
- Input your ATM card details on the next page and click on pay. Once successful, the status should reflect it.
With these steps, you can save yourself from both the troubles and time wasting scenarios at the check point.