The Nigerian Communications Commission is the Only National regulatory agency for the telecommunications business in Nigeria. The Commission is answerable for making an enabling atmosphere for competition among operators within the business likewise as guaranteeing the availability of qualitative and economical telecommunications services throughout the country.
Over the years NCC has attained a name as a foremost telecom administrative unit in Africa. The Commission is hoping to change state the employment of ICT’S for various facet of national development. The Commission has initiated many programs like State Accelerated Broadband Initiative (SABI) and Wire Federal Republic of Nigeria. Project (WIN) to assist stimulate demand and accelerate the uptake of ICT tools and services necessary for the enthronization of an information and Knowledge society in Nigeria.
Functions And Objectives Of NCC In Nigeria
- Giving written directions to licensees.
- Consulting withshoppers, industrial and industrial organizations.
- Delegating its functions to a Committeeaccepted by it.
- Summoning personsto look before the Commission.
- Entering into contracts with any company, firm or persons.
- Establishing and maintaining subsidiaries tomodify the discharge of its functions.
- Withprovision of licences and imposition of terms and conditions on licences.
- Variation or revocation of a Condition of licence.
- Consulting with affectedretail merchants before delivery into force an obligation which can be taxing on the licensee.
- Approvingpointers for keeping of accounts and value allocation formula of licensees.
- Inspection of licensees’ books of accounts.
- Granting or revoking of permits forassociation of client instrumentation.
- Determination of principles to guide interconnection arrangements between operators.
- Determination of services and new undertakings eligible for licensing from time to time.
READ ALSO: Airtel Talk More Package: How To Migrate To This Package On Airtel And All You Need To Know
Nigeria Communication Commission Office Addresses In Nigeria
You can report any irregularity Carried out by any of the Service Providers at the closest Office to or via Email and Phone calls.
NCC Head Office Abuja
Nigerian Communications Commission
Plot 423 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja, FCT 900271,
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
TEL: +234-9-461-7000 | FAX: +234-9-461-7514
NCC Portal: www.ncc.gov.ng/
No 2, Ugwuoba Street Off Ezilo Avenue, Independence
Layout, Enugu State.
Tel: +234-42-250435, 257776
102A, DPC Road off Government House Road,
Agodi GRA, Ibadan, Oyo State.
Tel: +234-2-2918710, 2918711
No. 1, Sokoto Road, By Audu Bako Secretariat, Nasarawa
GRA, P.M.B 3212, Kano State.
Tel: +234-64-947822, 319999
9A Bankole Oki Street, Behind Ikoyi Club, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Port Harcourt Office
No. 23A, Igbodo Street, Behind First Bank Aba Road,
Old GRA, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Tel: +234-84-465644, 465645