The University of Ibadan (UI) was established in 1948 as a college of the university of London in a special relationship scheme before it became a full-fledged independent university in Nigeria. Popularly known as the first university in Nigeria, it took off academic programmes in the arts, sciences and medicine and today offers certificates, diplomas, graduate and post graduate degrees in many disciplines.
The University of Ibadan Open Distance Learning Center controls the Distance Learning Center. The Distance learning center is an effective and recognized arm of the university and it is armed with the responsibility of providing open and distance learning university Education. This mode of Education is technology driven and mediated and provides for minimum physical interaction between the learners and the facilitators.
Learners can be found across different locations both within and outside the country due to the convenience of access made available by this mode. Interested or prospective students should note that the academic activities of the distance learning center are facilitated by the same lecturers as the regular mode of mode of study, they should also note that they would receive the same certificates as regular students learning in the conventional system. The center has 6 academic courses dully accredited by the National University Commission and is still working on more
- Diploma programs in: Industrial relations and trade unionism, librarianship, public administration, business administration, teacher education, mass communication and professional diploma in educational management
- Undergraduate programs: B.A.English, B.A Philosophy and Public works, B.Sc statistics, B.Sc Economics, B.Sc Political Science, B.SW Social Works.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit in O’ level at one sitting or 6 credit in O’level in two sittings.
- Prospective students should check the admission requirements for their intended course of study before applying
READ ALSO- ABU Distance Learning: How To Enroll On The Part Time Program And All You Need To Know
- Apply for admission by visiting http://dlc.ui edu.ng
- Check your admission status and attend the screening
- Pay application fee of #10,500
- The screening exercise will take place at DLC- CBT along Ajibode-Sasa Road, UI extension, Ibadan. Candidates must come with the following items for the screening: 6 passport photographs, 6 photocopies of birth certificate, 6 photocopies of letter of notification of admission and 6 photocopies of evidence of payment of acceptance
- Pay acceptance and school fees then register your courses.
- Faculty of Social science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Agric
- Faculty of arts
Examination will be written and CBT and will hold simultaneously ay the following centers:
- Lagos center- (CBT) 1 Adebayo Akande street Oba Akran, Ikeja, Lagos. (Written) DLC office Opebi, Lagos.
- Ibadan center- DLC.
1 thought on “UI DLC Portal: How To Apply, Check Result And Pay School Fees On The Distance Learning Platform”
When will the exam be written & can I get a phone of a coordinator in lagos