UniJos as the University of Jos is popularly called is a Federal University in Nigeria which was established in 1971 as a satellite campus of the prestigious University of Ibadan, it began to rollout study programs in 1973. The University of Jos was Accredited by the National Universities Commission in 1975 and the school is situated in Jos area of Plateau State.
University Of Jos Faculties
University of Jos has 9 faculties which provide studies to prospective students into the university, namely:
- Theriogeniology and Production
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Medicine, Surgery and Radiology
- Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology
- Veterinary Parasitology and Entolomology
- Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology
- Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine.
- Political Science
- Biotechnology Pharmaceutics
- Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Technology and Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharmacognosy and Traditional Medicine
- Computer Science
- Geology and Mining
- Plant Science and Technology
- Remedial Sciences
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Chemical Pathology
- Community Health
- Ear Nose and throat (ENT)
- Family Medicine
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Medical Instructional and Technology Unit
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Medical Microbiology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Otraumatology and Traumatology
- Business Management
- Management Science
- Commercial Law
- International Law and Jurisprudence
- Private Law
- Public Law
- Estate Management
- Geography and Planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- General Studies
- History & Inter. Studies
- Language and Linguistics
- Mass Communication
- Religious Studies
- Theatre and Film Arts
- Arts Education
- Educational Foundation
- Science and Technology Education
- Social Science Education
- Special Education and Rehabilitation Sciences.
READ ALSO- Benue State University: How To Pay Tuition Fees, Register Courses And Check Result Online
How To Go About Admission Processes And Requirements
Prospective candidates must possess the following to be eligible admission in to the University of Jos. WASC/SSCE/NECO/GCE ‘O’ LEVEL results or its equivalent in the following Subjects: English Language, Mathematics or Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and either Agric Science, Biology, Technical Drawing or Fine Arts.
Method Of Application Into The University Of Jos
a. Firstly, prospective students should visit www.remita.net
b. Click Pay Federal Government Agency
c. Input University of Jos
d. Enter Remedial Science.
- Fill in:
- Level: 001
- Amount: N10,000.00
- Matric/JAMB/Form No: RS2017
- Payer’s Name:
- Payer’s email:
- Payer’s Phone NO:
Prospective students who seek admission into Unijos should go on the university’s website : http://mis.unijos.edu.ng upon payment of N10,000 to the online payment portal REMITA.
Secondly, prospective students should visit the school website to create an account using a valid email address and they should go back to their email address to verify their account on the Unijos website.
Last stage of registration requires the prospective student to use their newmly created account to fill in the application form on mis.unijos.edu.ng, the following should be taken note of.
- RRR Number is REMITA Retrieval Number
Amount Paid is N10000
On completing the online application form, applicants should await both a confirmation email and SMS. On receiving the email and SMS the applicant should login to the school website via their profile to print out a copy for reference.
Checking Results Online
Results are ususally pasted in the various departments and faculties on the school campus. Students of the University of Jos can check their results online via the online students’ portal via http://mis.unijos.edu.ng/students/home.php
a. To check their results online, students should sign in with their Matriculation number and password.
b. Go to Course Registration
c. Click on ‘My Results Link’