Ahmadu Bello University is a federal government research and learning university in Zaria, Kaduna State. It was founded on October 4, 1962 and was then called the University of Northern Nigeria before it was renamed after Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello who was the first premier of Northern Nigeria and also the Sardauna of Sokoto. The university operates two campuses. The main campus located at Samaru which houses the administrative offices and the faculties of life sciences, physical sciences, Natural sciences, social sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, medical sciences, agricultural sciences and the faculty of engineering and the research facilities. The mini campus located at Kongo is home to the faculty of law and administration. The university also has a pre degree school at Fontua. ABU awards a wide variety of post secondary, undergraduate, graduate and associate degrees. It also offers vocational and remedial programmes.
Ahmadu Bello University launched a Distance learning Centre in order to provide practical solution to the problem of accessing quality tertiary education in the country. Students anywhere in the world can have access to ABU’s quality education without restrictions. The DLC began with seven diploma courses via the e- learning platform and has grown to include several more programmes such as:
– Undergraduate Bachelor’s degrees in Business Administration, Sociology, Economics and Public Administration.
– Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
-Diploma courses in Mass communication, Social work and Development studies, Local government studies, Peace and Security studies, Public administration, Advanced diploma in public admin and higher diploma in Local government.
ABU Distance Learning Entry requirements
– A minimum of five credits at O’ level including Maths and English in not more than two sittings For all candidates
– Possession of a first degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class lower or first degree plus post graduate diploma for candidates with third class or HND holders with lower credit plus post graduate diploma
– Possession of NYSC discharge certificate or Exception letter
– Visit the institution’s website and click the Distance Learning Center on the top of the screen
– You can also visit the official site: apply.abudlc.edu.ng
– Fill and complete the form correctly then click sign up.
– You can edit the information on your page by logging into the site, you must complete the application in order to reserve your own slot
-You will be contacted through email and offered provisional admission, you would also be invited for the screening where you will present hard copies of relevant copies.
– Register for your courses and make the necessary payments
– Get acquainted with the e-learning platform and start learning
-Application fee #10,000
-Administrative fee #22,500/ year
– Courses #20,000/course
– Prerequisite courses #10,000/course
-Tuition and acceptance #218,000
Screening And Study Centers Nationwide
- Lagos centre- Edutech Advanced Business Technologies, Plot E,Ziatech beside Diamond bank building, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos state.
- Abuja center- No 6, Melanje street adjacently Nijalinks hotel, Wuse zone 4.
- Gombe center- Community Education Resource center, Behind Musaba hospital, Gombe.
- Port Harcourt center- Kowork center, 77 Evo road, Port Harcourt.
- Zaria center- Ahmadu Bello University main campus, Samaru, Zaria
There are three semesters in a session and after the deployment of lectures there will be examination which takes place at the following States presently:
– Port Harcourt