Bayero University commonly referred to as BUK is a foremost educational institution located in kano, kano state, Nigeria. The university was founded in the year 1960 as Ahmadu Bello College and was later renamed Bayero University College in 1977 and gained the status of a University in 1980.
The school offers academic programmes in arts, sciences, social sciences with 13 faculties and 10 research centers. The school has notable alumni’s which include renowned author Zaynab Alkali and Jamila Tangaza the former head of BBC Hausa.
Bayero University Portal
Students of Bayero University Kano can now access services available in the university. Students can now easily register courses for the semester, access news and happenings around the school, pay school fees and check results and more.
To be able to access the portal, students have to first of all create their login details by visiting their personal student portal at http://buk.edu.ng and read the guidelines at mybuk.buk.edu.ng/ug2017/registration_guidelines.php to login.
Courses/Departments In BUK
To Begin Registration Students Are To
- Update their profile which includes phone numbers and email as it is on their BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF).
- Once students have updated their profile then can now print their student information form (SIF).
- After printing the student information form students are to download or print a BUK personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). The registration fees are shown on this form.
- Before paying fees using Remita e- payment and e-collection platform, students are to ensure that the information entered in the BUKPPF are correct which includes.
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/purpose
- Amount to be paid
- Registration number
- BUKPPF ID
- Payers full names
- Payers email
- Payers email address
- Payers phone number
Once student have confirmed the information above student can then proceed to make payment by
- Enter www.remita.net on your browser
- Select pay a Federal Government Agency
- You will be asked to fill a form that will be presented to you
- On the space for name of MDA just enter Baye and a drop down list will appear
- Click on Bayero University Kano 1000129
- After doing this a drop down will appear requesting for name of service or purpose
- A list of services will appear and ensure you click on UG REGISTRATION
- The next step is to enter the description as it appears on your BUKPPF
- Next is to enter the amount to be paid and make sure it exactly as it appears on your BUKPPF
- Next step is to enter the registration number as it appears on your BUKPPF
- After entering the registration number next step is to enter your BUKPPF ID as it appears on your BUKPPF
- Next step is to enter the payers full name as it appears on your BUKPPF
- Next step is to enter the payers email as it appears on your BUKPPF
- The next step is to enter payers phone number as it appears on your BUKPPF
- Enter the characters of the image to proceed to payment
- Your Remita Retrieval Reference(RRR) is generated and an invoice displayed
- Click on view payment details to see the payment details (once again make sure the information entered is exactly as it appears on your BUKPPF
- Use any payment option that suits you (Mastercard, Visa or Verve) and use the correct RRR
- Click on print invoice to print your invoice slip and compare the information with the one on your BUKPPF
- payments are usually processed and validated within 24/48 hours of making payments
- fees are not refundable after payments have been made
Once payments have been made and validated students must:
i. Print/download Student payment receipt (SPR) in order to continue with the registration.
ii. After printing the slip students can then proceed to register courses Students are to confirm from their level coordinators on the courses they are expected to register.
iii. After courses have been registered students are to print/download the Course Registration Form (CRF) which contains the information of courses registered.
iv. After printing the course registration form (CRF), students are to print the registration acknowledgement slip (RAS) to confirm that they have successfully completed their registration process.
How To Check Results Online
Students can view each semester results online once they have been approved by BUK academic board. Results can also be checked on the college notice board once they are available.
To check results online students have to
- Login to the Student Portal at https://buk.edu.ng
- Click on student portal link in the homepage
- Enter your Login details i.e. your username and password in lowercases (small letters).
- Click on the login tab
- On the display page click on Check Results
- Click on your college or department and click on the semester you wish to check
- Results are to be printed once you have accessed results in the student portal.
The Academic board has the right to seize the results of any student who is yet to pay their fees or are been investigated by the schools disciplinary board.