The College of Education Akwanga alao called Advanced Teachers College Akwanga is located about 5km from Akwanga town centre which is located along the main Akwanga-Jos expressway. The college of Education was established on September 1976 by the Plateau State Edict No.5 of 1978.
The institution started as an Advanced Teachers College with a temporary site in a campus in Akwanga, Plateau state before finally moving to its permanent site in Akwanga. The College offers courses in mainly Pre-NCE and NCE programmes. The objectives of the institution include the following:
- To award NCE degree in various courses after undergoing a three year academic and professional courses to graduates who become qualified teachers and educational administrators.
- To act as a center for research into various areas of educational theory, development and management
- To conduct from time to time in-service vacation courses for teachers.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 150 in UTME conducted by JAMB.
- Applicants must choose Coeakwanga in UTME exam
- Applicants must possess at least five credit passes in any O’ level exam.
- Applicants possessing Teacher’s Grade II certificate (TCII), GCE O’level or A’ level certificate are also eligible for admission.
Online Application Process
- Visit the official website at www.coeakwanga.edu.ng
- Create a personal profile then submit
- Generate a RRR code
- Take the RRR code to the bank and pay the sum of #2,300. You can also pay online by selecting “Card payments” then enter your card details and submit.
- Log into the website and your account created earlier and enter your payment details.
- Open the application form and fill with appropriate details correctly
- Submit your application then print your acknowledgement letter.
Online Registration: this commences from Monday, 11th September 2018.
Check Post- UTME Screening Result
- Visit the result checking portal at http://www.coeakwanga.edu.ng
- Login with your RRR when the page loads up
- Enter your details then click on the button “Click Admission Status”
- Biodata Registration and update. Register online on the college website by obtaining a pin and serial no from the ICT department. Generate a username and password in order to secure your future transactions on the portal.
- Print admission Letter. After changing your default username and password, print out your admission letter.
- Pay School Fees. Pay school fees at either Unity or Diamond Bank Akwanga to collect a scratch card from the teller. Activate the purchased scratch card at the school’s ICT department.
- Course Registration. After activating the scratch card, you will be able to access your account, print out your semester course online then have the printed course forms signed by your Head of department and level advisor to confirm your registration
- Submit all forms and files
Courses Offered In College Of Education Akwanga
- Agricultural science/Education
- Arabic/Theatre Arts
- Arabic Medium
- Biology/Integrated Science
- Business Education
- Christian Religious Studies/English
- Christian Religious Studies/History
- Christian Religious Studies/Hausa
- Christian Religious Studies/Education
- Computer Education/Physics
- Computer Education/ Economics
- Education/ Islamic Studies
- Education/Integrated Science
- Education/Language Arts
- Education/Social Studies
- Education/Home Economics