The educational process in higher education is significantly different from how it is organized in a school. One of the most important tasks of higher education is to teach a student to study independently in the future all his life. While studying at a university, only the foundation of knowledge in the chosen field of training is laid. A student begins a new life and, along with its beginning, new concepts and definitions enter his serene life. Students begin to worry about how to make a presentation, prepare for a seminar or write an essay. But do not forget that today there are many services ready to help students at any time, click here to find out more. A student can buy research papers, essays, test works, etc. This, of course, guarantees the quality of the work and facilitates the life of a modern student.
In this article, we will provide you with a guide that will help a first-year student to quickly adapt to new living conditions.
The following advices will help you with your studies and student life:
- Dean’s office is the most important place at the university. Here you can get a student ID card, help with filling out various documents, detailed information about the session, training, scholarships and teachers, help in solving complex issues related to studies, help in organizing meetings with the dean, etc.;
- Check to which group you are registered through the Extranet system or in the dean’s office. This is very important information;
- Come to the grand opening of the educational year. This is a very important event for new students. At the ceremony you will be dedicated to students;
- Check student calendar and class schedule. Thus, you will make a study plan and do not miss important events, student parties;
- Remember the name of the dean of your faculty and the rector of the university. Also, get acquainted with university staff and teachers;
- Remember, you are no longer a pupil, but you are a student! It is important to understand that you are no longer in the classroom but in the group. You will not write independent works, but colloquiums, and you will not be taught by a teacher, but by a lecturer. You should address the lecturer according to his academic degree (master, doctor, professor, etc.);
- Visit a website of the educational institution regularly. There you will find important information related to education;
- Sign up to the university library. Some books will need to be purchased. You can look for books online or ask senior students;
- Check the bulletin board constantly. In addition to announcements from the dean’s office, you will find other announcements there;
- Do not miss the lectures and seminars! It affects the receipt of a positive mark on the exam;
- Do not miss informal meetings, there you will find friends, get fun and additional information.
We hope that this guide will help you to adapt to the educational institution as quickly as possible.