University of Maiduguri is a Federal government owned tertiary institution located in Maiduguri, Bornu State. It was established in 1975 as one of the second-generation universities as part of the Third National Development Plan. In April 1976, UniMaid inherited the structures and compound owned by the Former North East College of Arts and Science (NECAS). The university also absorbed the staff of NECAS and thus it was able to begin academic programmes on October 1976.
UniMaid is the major higher institution of learning in the North Western Region and is affiliated with several other institutions such as: College of Education, Gashua Yobe state, College of Education Azare Bauchi state, Umar Ibn Ibrahim El-Kanemi College of Education, Science and Technology, Bama, Federal College of Education Gombe state. The university presently has over 25,000 students spread across various programmes including a distance learning centre.
Centre For Distance Learning (CDL)
Centre for Distance Learning was set up in 2004 in order to provide accessible, affordable and qualitative education through technology supported distance learning. CDL Maiduguri offers a broad range of degree programs in the arts, humanities, education, social sciences and management. Currently the centre runs thirty academic programmes including 28 degrees and 2 advanced diploma.
CDL Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be aged between 16 years and above
- Applicants must possess at least five credit passes in O’ level exam including Maths and English in not more than two sitting.
- Applicants applying through direct entry must possess either of the following: A’levels/NCE/OND/HND/IJMB.
How To Enroll For CDL UniMaid
- Visit www.unimaid.edu.ng and click the menu titled “Centre for Distance Learning”
- When the menu opens, click on “Apply now”
- From the application page, select the option “New Application”
- Fill in your information.
- Enter your phone no as username and password
- Click the “login” button
- A welcome page will be displayed, click the drop down button to select your application type.
- Pay the required registration fees at UniMaid microfinance bank and obtain a bank teller which should be taken to UniMaid Bursary in exchange for receipt.
- Take the receipt and obtain clearance at CDL then acquire your Matric/Registration number
- Make four copies of the following documents: school receipt obtained from Bursary department, JAMB result, O’level result, local government of origin and birth certificate. Place all the documents both original and photocopies in a file jacket then go to your faculty office where the documents will be verified and the photocopies collected from you.
- Log into the portal with your username and password
- Update and change your password
- Select “Fees payment” from the options listed
- Pay online using your ATM or generate a payment invoice and pay at any commercial bank via the Remita Platform.
- Successful payment will allow you access the course registration page
- Register your courses and print out the course form.
10. Take the online registration form to the Head.