Western Union International Money Transfer is a global money transfer company with more than 480,000 agent locations scattered over 200 countries. The Western Union Service is a quick and reliable means of sending and receiving money all around the world. GT Bank is one of the direct agents of Western Union International.
The bank is one of Western Union highly recommended agents in Africa and the world as it offers fast and efficient service for customers to receive funds in Naira. There are several ways to receive money directly into your GTB account through Western Union and that’s what this article is all about.
Internet Banking Method
- Log into the internet banking portal at www.gtbank.com
- Click on GTCollections
- Select ” New Request”
- Click “Western Union Receive Money”
- Enter payment details on the form displayed
- Answer the secret question in rhe field provided
- Check the box “Terms and Conditions”
- Read the terms and conditions then click on the “Continue” button
- Proceed to the confirmation page then click “Submit” to execute transaction.
- View transaction history to confirm a successful transaction and click on “View Receipt” to print your transaction receipt.
How To Receive Western Union Funds Through GTB ATM
- Enter your pin on the ATM
- Click or select the Western Union Option
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Select account type
- Select the country where the fund was sent from or enter the sending country’s code or ISO code
- Enter the expected amount in Naira
- Enter your GTB NUBAN account
- Enter the 10- digit Money Transfer Control Number (“MTCN”)
- Confirm the transaction and your account will be credited instantly
Receive Western Union Money Transfer Funds Through Quickteller
- Log onto Quickteller.com
- Click on the “Send and Receive money” option
- Select your bank type i.e GT bank
- Select Naira under the “Currency type” option
- Click the option “Receive money now” then the Western Union Receive Money data page opens
- Enter the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) provided by the sender, sender’s Country, Receiver’s GTBank NUBAN account no,account type, expected amount in Naira, Receiver’s name, receiver’s mobile no, bank name and currency type.
- Answer the test question as provided by the sender
- Click the “Continue” button and confirm your transaction.
Western Union Account Based Money Transfer (ABMT)
The Western Union Account Based Money Transfer (ABMT) is a new service recently introduced by Western Union to enable customers receive money directly into their bank account in real time without visiting any agent office. The service is fast, reliable, secure and saves you the stress of going to a bank. To use this service, you must have registered for internet banking and have an E-token for online transactions. Here’s the procedure:
- Log onto the GTB internet banking website at www.gtbank.com
- Select self service on the left menu and click “Add services”
- Scroll down and select “Western Union Receive Money”
- Enter your secret question then answer
- Confirm the transaction by entering the digits in your token device
- Go back to the left sude menu and select “Requests” then click “Western Union Receive Money”
- Fill out the form correctly including the preferred currency type
- Enter your test question and answer it then submit
- Wait for the transaction to be processed and confirm that thw amount has been deposited.