The Schengen agreement was made in 1995 to create a zone that would be free from internal borders and encourage free passage of people, goods and services, to have common laws as regards to their borders control and increase the bond between the countries in the area.
However, even though there is a free passage within the Schengen area, for anyone who does not have a passport from any of the Schengen country, a visa will be required to enter into any of the Schengen country. Today we will show you how you can apply for a visa to enter into any of the Schengen and all the required document.
The Schengen Visa Processing Fees
This processing fees are paid by anyone who intend to visit any of the Schengen country, though the fees differ depending on the type of visa you are processing. So generally, the cost will depend on the type of visa and the age of the applicant, here you will find the different prices.
- The long stay visas that will last more than 3 months will cost about 99 Euros, that is ₦42, 000
- The short visit and airport transit visa which will be less than three months will cost about 60 Euros, which is ₦26, 000
- For children between the ages of 6 to 12 visiting countries like Russia, Ukraine, Kosovo and Georgia, the cost of their visa processing fees is about 35 Euros, that is ₦15, 000
Please take note that for the category of people below does not require to pay any visa application fees.
- Any child that is below 6 years
- Students that are travelling with their teachers for education tour
- Religious persons or members of non-profit organisation who are 25 years or less and intends travelling for conferences or seminars that is organised by NGOs within the Schengen countries
- Researchers from third world countries especially those who intend to do scientific research.
READ ALSO- Canadian Visa Application: The Requirements, Procedures And All You Need To Know With The Fees
Requirement For Schengen Visa
Below are the necessary requirement for anyone to get the Schengen visa:
- A duly completed and signed Schengen visa application form
- An original passport which is still valid for travelling to the Schengen member state which you intend to visit. Ensure that the validity period must exceed the number of months you intend to spend in the Schengen area with minimum of 3 months and your passport should have been issued within the last 10 years
- A duplicate copy of your national ID card
- A complete duplicate of your original passport without the blank pages.
- Previous original passport, for those who have been issued a new passport within the last 3 years
- One recently taken coloured passport size photograph showing full face and white background, which must be 45mm x 35mm.
- For every employed applicant, you will need to provide your employers letter indicating your position in the company including leave duration and more.
- The insurance cost that will cover the duration of your stay in the Schengen country which must not be less than 30, 000 Euros
- Proof of flight booking
- Payment proof for visa fee.
How To Apply
To apply for the Schengen visa is very simple, you just need to follow this basic procedure:
- Obtain your Schengen visa application form
- Fill and complete the visa application form
- Submit your visa application form with all required documents
- Do a follow up on the status of your visa application.