Wukari, a local government Area in Taraba state is renowned for being the home of the great Jukun people. It is also the Location of a Federal University established in 2011. FUWUKARI, as the institution is popularly known admits undergraduates from all parts of Nigeria with no restrictions on age, religion, race, ethnicity or tribe.
They boast of having a diverse Student body. The institution offers Bachelor’s Degrees in Sciences, social sciences and Agriculture courses. The school fees remain inexpensive and reasonable since the cost of running the school is borne by the Federal government. A major feature of the school is the presence of good roads, facilities and infrastructures. A list of courses offered in the school are:
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agricultural Science
- Forestry and wildlife Management
- Food science Technology
- Fisheries and Aqua Farming technology.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Computer science
FACULTY OF ARTS, MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- English and Literature
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- Hotel management and Tourism
- Information resource Management
- Political Science
READ ALSO- How To Get Uniben Part Time Form, Admission Requirements And All You Must Know
Admission for the 2018/2019 academic session into the school is open to all candidates who scored 180 and above in the last Unitary Tertiary Matriculation Examinations conducted(UTME) conducted by JAMB. Direct Entry candidates and applicants who did a successful change of institution according to JAMB were also eligible. Screenings were conducted on the 9th of November 2018 at the 1000 capacity hall FUW.
UTME candidates where required to score passes in at least 5 subjects relevant to their desired fields and courses in any Ordinary level Examinations (WAEC, NECO, GCE, etc in not more than two sittings), and to upload these results and other documents required of them to JAMB as soon as possible.
After a long wait, the much anticipated results for the post UTME Screening exercise, conducted by the admissions unit and management of Federal University, Wukari(FUWUKARI) has been released and made available online.
Applicants who participated in the Federal University, Wukari Post UTME/Direct Entry screening Exercise should endeavour to view their results online and know their standings.
How To Check Admission Status
- Login to the university’s PUTME result checking portal at https://ug.fuwportal.edu.ng/putme_login.php. and fill in your JAMB registration complete with your surname in the boxes provided.
- Click on login to reveal admission status.
Registration Processes And Admission Requirements
Successful students should commence Registrations Immediately.
- Click the course Registration link to get yourself registered for the relevant and appropriate courses.
- Endeavour to print out your preliminary course registration Form and present same to your level Adviser to Authenticate your courses selected before you make payments.
- Return to the website after Authentication and continue your registration as Advised by your level adviser.
- Charges and Amounts levied would be displayed and you would be asked to make payments online using an ATM Master card or Verve Card.
- Print payment receipts after you’ve made a successful payment by clicking on the link “print payments receipts”.
- Print the course form by clicking on the link “print completed course form link, Four copies of the final course form should be made available to you.
- Present them to your officers for signatures. Keep one copy for your examinations.
Good luck to all aspirants and congratulations to the successful candidates.