As far as state Universities Go Olabisi Onabanjo University takes the Cake. Located in the heart of Ago Iwoye, a city in Ijebu North local Government Area, Ogun State, Nigeria, it was Established in July 7,1982 as Ogun State University(OSU) and later renamed in 2001, May 29, as Olabisi Onabanjo University to Honour a former Civilian Governor of Ogun state whose struggles during his tenure led to the establishment of the institution.
As of Date, the university has produced 10,291 graduates and currently has 1,697. It has various Campuses but the main campus in Ago Iwoye is commonly referred to as Permanent site.
List Of Faculties And Departments In The University
The university has ten faculties and fifty three Departments spread across the campuses. They are;
Faculty of science
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Mathematics Sciences
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Science and applied Zoology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Earth sciences
Faculty of Education
- Department of Educational Foundations and counselling
- Department of Education management and Business studies
- Department of Human kinetics and Health Education
- Department of Arts and Social sciences Education.
Faculty of Law
- Department of Commercial Law
- Department of International Jurisprudence.
- Department of Private Law
- Department of Public Law
Faculty of Art
- Department of English and performing Arts
- Department of Religious Studies
- Department of History and Diplomatic Studies
- Department of Nigerian and foreign languages
- Department of Philosophy
Faculty of Social management sciences
- Department of Accounting/Banking and Finance.
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography and Regional Planning
- Department of Political sciences
Faculty of Basic Medical science
- Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Department of Chemical Pathology
- Department of Medical Microbiology and parasitology
- Department of Morbid anatomy and Histopathology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Anatomy
Faculty of Clinical sciences
- Department of Community Medicine and primary care
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Anaesthesia
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
READ ALSO- How To Check Fuwukari Post Utme Result, Admission Requirements And All You Must know
Faculty of pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacy/Bio pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Technology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Medicinal chemistry
Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Fine and applied Arts
- Department of Urban and Regional planning
- Department of Architecture
Faculty of Agricultural sciences
- Department of Crop Production
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Home and Hotel Management
Admission Requirements And Procedure
Provisional Admission has been offered into this faculties and Departments for the current session to Applicants who satisfied all requirements during the screening. Candidates who participated in its screening Exercise should know their admission status by Login on to the University’s Admission portal at http://portal.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/admission/login.php.
and filling in their JAMB registration Number, using their surnames as Password in boxes provided.
Click on the “Login” button to Reveal Admission Status.
Candidates who are successful should endeavour to pay sixty thousand Naira (#60,000) only with immediate Effect through any of the university point of sales (POS) on its campuses at ago-iwoye, ayetoro, Ibogun. Payments through the Internet can also be made on the school website at https://oouagoiwoye.edu.ng Move to the Academic affairs office and Faculty for the first and Second Verifications Respectively. Proceed then to the registration officer to present Originals and one set of photocopies of these document arranged in these order.
- Verification/personal form
- Acceptance fee receipt
- UTME score result
- Post UTME result
- O’level result
- Diploma Result alongside other Entry Requirements(Direct Entry Candidates only)
- Birth certificate
- N10,000.00 Ogun state tax receipt or tax clearance certificate
- Jamb admission letter
Counter-sign the verification Forms at the college/Faculty Offices.
Congratulations to all the successful Applicants.