Are you aware that you can check your balance on your GTBank account using on your mobile device? Say goodbye to those long and annoying queues at the banking halls. This post will reveal to you how to check your GTbank account balance with your phone.
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) is a financial institution in Nigeria that provides online/internet banking, corporate banking, retail banking, investment banking, and asset management services, having several branches in different countries in Africa and the rest of the globe. It has provided a unique and awesome experience when it comes to internet and mobile banking, which enables its customers to conduct a variety of financial transactions.
Asides from the ease at which you can access the internet banking platform all day long from the comfort of your home or office from an internet enabled mobile device, there are several other benefits of GTBank internet Banking:
- Payments of bills: PHED bill, satellite tv (DStv, GoTv, StarTimes, Kwese, TsTv, etc) subscription and water bills.
- Transfer of Funds: Inter and Intra transfer of money locally and internationally.
- Booking your Services Online: Pay for flights, book and pay your hotel bills, And pay for services online.
- Know your account balance, watch your transactions and print out your statements of account.
- Monitor your Cheques: Confirm, request and stop cheques.
- Change your Login Details: Password change, password reset and updating your personal details.
- Send foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) to anyone in the world from your domiciliary.
To use the GTBank internet banking platform, customers an account holders must register first.
The Two methods to register are the online and offline method. use the guidelines below.
- The Online Method
- Begin by downloading the GTBank internet banking application along with the token request form.
- That form must be filled and scanned along with other required documents like a valid ID, a utility bill not older than 3months, alongside a passport photograph and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be patient while your application is processed and approved. Your GTBank internet banking user id and password will be sent to you by means of an email. If the login details was not sent to you, call the banks customer care. As an alternative, you can visit their website, click register and provide the details required. Another alternative is dialing *737*6*5# with your registered number.
- Login to the bank’s online banking page.
- Click the “Login” link under internet banking.
- After Going through the scam alert notice, click on “Click here to login”.
- Fill in your user ID with your keyboard and password using the onscreen keyboard.
- Lastly, click on “Login”to access your GTBank online banking dashboard.
- The Offline Method
- Walk up to the nearest GTBank branch with a valid ID and 1-3 months old utility bill.
- Request for, and fill the internet banking and token request form.
- You may decide to pay for a token which is N2000 – 2500 Naira. A token is a digital device which randomly generates special numbers required to approve third-party transactions.
- Your login details will be sent to your email once your application has been approved.
- Proceed to the GTB online banking login portal and log-in with your UserID and Password.
How To Check Your Account Balance On GTBank
- Through the internet banking platform
- Using your mobile phone
1.) Through The Internet Banking Platform
- Logon to your internet platform
- Click “check account balance”
- The account information will be displayed on your screen.
2.) Through Your Mobile Phone
There are two ways you can do this.
- Using GTBank USSD Code
Using this platform, the only thing you need is the last four digits of your ATM card and the phone number linked to your bank account.
- Simply dial *737*6*1# from your registered mobile device.
- You will receive a prompt requesting you to enter the last four digits of your ATM card number
- You GTBank account balance will be revealed on your screen.
- Using The SMS Dial-up
Send an SMS using this format: Bal(space)Account number, for instance, Bal 1235643567 to 08076665555. Your account balance will be sent to you by means of an sms.