The Imo State University (IMSU) JAMB / POST UTME cut off mark/criteria for admission has practically remained the same for years now. This year’s cut off has just slight modifications.
Be reminded that this article is just a guideline for IMSU JAMB Cut off Mark and other requirements essential for Admissions Into 100L (year one) & 200L (year two) for every candidate, searching for admission into the institution.
A notice to all candidate that admission into the Imo State University is awarded strictly on merit. The Imo State University management board reiterates that the institution is a center of excellence. This means admission of students is done ONLY with the requisite qualifications for their programmes of choice.
Every IMSU aspiring candidates should also note that they can be admitted into IMSU either through the following methods listed below.
- JAMB – UTME,
- Direct Entry (D.E).
Applicants must also note that before securing admission through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, they must possess these vital documents.
IMSU Admission Requirements
- Applicants must possess Results showing Credit passes in Five (5) subjects minimum, including English Language and Mathematics, gotten from any of the following Examinations;
- i) WAEC,
- ii) SSCE,
iii) GCE O’Level,
- iv) NECO,
- V) NABTEB.
- You must have scored a minimum of 180 in the UTME (This means that your JAMB result must be 180 and above). This is the least score required for admission into IMSU for every course and is the official JAMB Cut Off Mark for IMSU.
- To qualify to write the Post UTME screening Test, applying candidates must have chosen the institution as their 1st and/or second choice while registering for the UTME.
READ ALSO- Quickteller Loans: How To Register, Requirements And The Repayment Plans With Interest Rates
Admission Selection Procedure
There are procedures to follow before being admitted into the University that includes having at least an average scores from the JAMB UTME and Post UTME screening Examinations.
Having said that, candidates with higher scores are on top of the priority list. This is to say the higher your score, the greater your chances of gaining admission.
IMSU Post UTME And Admission Cut Of Point
There is no fixed admission cut off score in any course. The cut-off point for admission varies from programme to programme. Furthermore, this cutoff mark is likely to change again, depending upon the overall performance of the candidates in both JAMB and Post UTME examination.
If a large number of candidates seeking for admission into the university scored 200+ in the UTME examination, the institution is likely to set her cut off mark to 200 for most courses. This will not be revealed to the general public but candidates with 200+ UTME score will be granted admission.
Be informed, that these are calculated (on average) and decided by the institution before it releases the First(merit admission list).
If a candidate’s name doesn’t appear in the first list, exercise some patience. The management of the institution has at least, three sets of admission lists. This means, two other list will be released after the merit list.
This lists are called supplementary list.
However, there are certain courses where this might not happen, like competitive courses such as Medicine, Law, pharmacy, nursing, etc.
Admission through Direct Entry into Imo State University (IMSU)
- Every Direct Entry candidate is seeking admission into the school must have credit passes in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification examination.
You should apply through direct entry via JAMB and chose IMSU as your first choice institution.
- A’Level qualification – Could be an HSC, OND or NCE in related programme to be studied in IMSU.
- Candidates must score at least above average at the Post Direct Entry Screening Examination.
- As applicable in the post utme admission, the admission cut off marks/point varies from the course vying for and the general performance.
Note: Final selection is done from a combination of candidate’s certificates and the post direct entry screening result.
There you have it. There’s all to know about the IMSU cut off mark for both UTME And Direct entry candidates.