Fortis Mobile Money started full operations in 2010 but was licensed in 2009 to provide fast, reliable and easy payment solutions geared towards the financial inclusion of the unbanked segments of the Nigerian populace. Fortis Money as it is commonly known is poised at delivering innovative solutions aimed at leveraging digital finance technology.
The bank has won several awards and distinctions such as the EFINA Innovation Grant in 2014 and has partnered with several Microfinance Banks, Microfinance Institutions and Cooperative Societies.
Fortis Mobile Money Brief History
This is a unique and innovative product designed to make financial services available to the unbanked population. It was launched in 2013 and won the industry renowned EFINA innovation award in 2014. The platform provides the avenue to purchase instant airtime or data top up, pay bills, pay for tickets/utilities or duties.
Features Of Fortis Mobile Money
- View your account balance or mini statement
- View transaction history on your wallet
- Transfer money from your wallet to other account
- Cheque request
- Purchase airtime and data
- Pay bills (DStv/Gotv/PHCN)
- Shop online
How To Download And Activate The FMM App
- Navigate to the app store on your device (Google Play store for Android and App store for iOS devices
- Go to the search box and type”Fortis Mobile Money”
- Download, install and launch the app on your device
- Open the app and click on “Get started” to register your account
- To register, enter your mobile no, valid email address, account number, full names and address.
How To Apply For Fortis Money Loan Through The App
- Payroll Financing: This loan product offers facilities to salary earners both in public and private sectors especially those with sustainable going concern. The loan is targeted at salary earners who are evaluated on the basis of their monthly salary.
– How to Apply: Open the app and click on the link “Request loan”. Then select loan type and fill the application form correctly.
- School Fees Financing: This is a loan given to school owners seeking expansion
– How to Apply: Open the app then click on the link”Request loan” then select the type of loan and fill the loan application form correctly.
- Business Extra Loan: This is a loan given to all shop owners engaged in buying and selling of goods from motor spare parts to fast moving consumer goods, building materials, electronics, supermarkets and so on to expand and buy stock.
– How to Apply: Open the app then click on the link “Request loan” then select the type of loan and fill the loan application form correctly.
- School Financing Loan: This loan is targeted at parents and guardians willing to sponsor a child or ward’s educational career.
How To Apply: Open the app then click on the link “Request loan” then select the loan type and fill the loan application form.
How To Become A Fortis Mobile Money Agent
- Open the app and click the app “Agent”
- Enter the name of business
- Enter the phone number
- Enter the date of the business startup
- Enter the business address and state of address.
- Check the box titled “I agree to the terms and conditions”
- Press the send key.