Ahmadu Bello University us a research university owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria, located in the popular Zaria in Kaduna State. It was founded on October 4, 1962 two years after the independence of our nation Nigeria. It was founded as UNN University of Northern Nigeria. The university participates in a lot of undergraduate and also postgraduate programmes.
It also offers remedials and vocational programs. It owns a teaching hospital and runs a lard medical program. The teaching hospital is one of the largest in Nigeria and Africa.
The university has two campuses; Samaru, the main campus and Kongo. A predgree school owned by the university is located few miles away from the main campus.
At opening, the school had four faculties containing fifteen department. All the student in the school as at then were only 426.
The first administration of the school were all British and only two Nigerians were in their cabinet namely; Adamu Baikic (Education) and Dr Iya Abubakar (Mathematics).
Eligibility And Admission Requirement For ABU Zaria Post Utme Screening
- Candidate or applicant must have had a score of 180 and above in the Jamb Utme Examination.
- Candidate or applicant must have choose the Ahmadu Bello University as their first choice.
How To Register For The Post Utme Screening
1. Make Payments For The Screening Exercise
To Register for the post utme screening exercise, candidate must log in to the school portal at putme.abu.edu.ng and generate a transaction payment slip.
- Verify that the details on the screen are correct and that the amount to be paid us also correct, (no more no less). Now click on pay and you will be redirected to the RRR Remita payment gateway.
- The amount to be paid is two thousand naira only (N2,000).
- You can either pay on the web using an active debit card detail (either Visa, MasterCard or Verve), or you can print the RRR ( Remita Retrieval Reference) payment page and go to any bank of your choice to pay.
- Payment can only be done through the RRR slip/platform and not through any agent or some sort of account number.
Note that you would surely be charged for bank charges.
READ ALSO- How To Register For University Of Ibadan Post Utme, Admission Requirements And All You Need To Know
2. Complete Your Registration
After making payment, applicant are expected to go back to the link @ putme.abu.edu.ng to complete their registration.
You are to complete your registration by filling the missing details in the form displayed on your screen.
Some of them are;
- Email Address
- Contact Address
- Phone Number
- Your second choice of institution
- Schools you’ve pervious attended
*Make sure that all information that you upload is correct and up-to-date.
Also upload your recent passport photo to the school’s site in .JPEG format and a size of 100kb or less.
Print your slip before you sign out.
How To Check Your Screening Result
To check your result, log in to your portal on the school’s website and then click on ‘Screening Result’. Your detailed result will be displayed.
*Missing the screening exercise results in forfeiting your chance of been admitted into the university.
*Wrong Input of data means No admission.
*On the screening day, you must appear at the venue on time and with your slip printed previously, and also your Jamb result which would be collected from you.
*Only Jamb calculator would be allowed.
*No electronic device like phone, smart watch and the like.
*Parent and Guardians are not invited.
*Make sure you have duplicated copies of all your documents.