KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is widely known as the number one flag carrier airline of the Netherlands. It is part of the Air France- KLM group and also a member of the skyteam airline alliance. KLM was founded on October 7, 1919 and is the oldest airline in the world that still operates till date. KLM headquarters is located at Amstelveen with its major hub close to Amsterdam. It operates both scheduled passengers and cargo services to 145 destinations. It has four subsidiaries which are KLM Cityhopper, KLM Asia, Martinair and Transavia.
Brief History Of KLM
Albert Pelsman, a young aviator lieutenant sponsored the ELTA aviation exhibition in Amsterdam. This exhibition was a great success because it brought together several Dutch commercial interests who came together to establish a Dutch airline and they nominated Plesman to be the head. In September 1919, Queen Wilhelma awarded the yet to be founded KLM its ‘Royal’ predicate and on October 7,1919. Eight Dutch businessmen founded KLM as one of the first commercial airline companies and Plesman was the first administrator and director.
KLM Nigeria Services
- In- Flight Services: KLM’s inflight The headquarters of KLM is located at Amstelveen with the main hub at nearby Amsterdam. It operates both entertainment system is available in all classes on all wide body aircrafts. It provides passengers in all cabins with Audio/Video on demand. The system is changed every month and includes a variety of movies, games, television programs, music and language courses. The entertainment system can also be used to send texts and emails to the ground
- Catering: Passengers in the world business class are served a three course meal. Passengers in the Europe business class are served either a cold meal, a hot meal or a three course meal depending on the duration of the flight. Passengers on a long haul in the Economy class are served a hot meal and a snack and a second hot meal or breakfast. Passengers on a short haul flights in the economy class are served sandwiches or a choice of sweet or savory snacks
- Flight souvenirs: KLM presents its world business class passengers with a delft blue miniature house souvenir. These miniatures are reproductions of real Dutch houses and they often contain an alcoholic drinks.
Flight Booking Procedures
Booking a flight ticket for KLM air is so easy. There are 2 main ways this can be done.
– Online Booking: You can book a flight ticket online by either leaving a message on the social media page or logging into the website. You can do this on a tablet, smartphone or personal computer.
- Select the flight type (One way/Round trip/Multiple destinations)
- Select the city of departure and arrival
- Choose the date of travel
- Select the number of passengers then click search
- Select the flight you desire and the fare type (First class/Business class or coach)
- Select the flight seat you desire
- Arrange for extra baggage at a discount then proceed to payment
- Enter your personal and payment information
- After booking your tickets, your receipt and ticket confirmation should be emailed to you.
– Using a travel agent: You can save yourself the stress on online booking by using a travel agent. Here are the steps outlined below
- Find a reputable travel agent
- Meet either in person or talk on the phone
- Give the travel agent your personal and payment information
- Inform the travel agent if you have any preference or special need
- The travel agent will book your ticket after considering your needs and several options available
- Receive your receipt and confirmation
Online Check In Process
Check in is usually the first procedure for a passenger when arriving at an airport as airline regulations requires passengers to check in at certain times prior to the departure of a flight. The airline’s main check in function is to accept luggage which will go in the aircraft’s cargo hold and also to issue boarding passes. You can check in online from 30 to one hour before scheduled departure time.
- Login and enter your ticket number or booking code and the flight number or log in with your email and password
- Enter or confirm your information
- Print your documents that is the boarding pass or electronic boarding pass.
- Drop off check in baggage at the airport.