The Federal University of Technology Minna, Niger state is a public institute of higher learning established by the government in the year 1983, with its motto as Technology for Empowerment.
The acting Chancellor is in person of HRM Eze Eberechi N. Dick (JP), and his Vice is Professor Abdullahi Bala.
The University has an Administrative staff of 698, 13000 Undergraduates students, and 2000 Postgraduates students. It is Located in Minna, Niger State, Nigeria.
The Federal University Of Technology Minna Requirements For Admission
- All applicant interested in applying for admission to the Federal University of Technology Minna must have registered for the JAMB UTME examination, and must have beat the official cut off mark which is 180.
- All applicant must have at least five (5) credit passes in their O’level result in SSCE, GCE, NABTEB, NECO, or any of the acceptable equivalent at not more than two sittings. This credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics, and any other three subjects which are relevant to your choice of course.
- All applicant must have chosen The Federal University of Technology Minna as their first choice of institution when registering for the JAMB UTME exam to have an higher chance of getting admitted.
The Federal University Of Technology Minna Cut Off Mark For Different Department
The official jamb cut off mark for the Federal University of Technology Minna is 180. Due to the different aspect each department deals with internally, the institution has come to an approved departmental cut off mark for each course.
The departmental cut off mark for each course is discussed below.
- For the following courses below, the departmental cut off mark is 180;
Physics, Estate Management & Valuation, Quantity Surveying,Education Technology, Industrial and Technology Education, Biology, Chemistry, Building, Surveying & Geoinformatics, Urban & Regional, Planning, Geology, Geography, Mathematics/Statistics, Science Education
- For the following courses below, the departmental cut off mark is 190;
Material and Metallurgical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology
- For the following courses below, the departmental cut off mark is 200;
Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Architecture, Computer Science, Cyber Security Science
The Federal University Of Technology Minna Screening Process
After sitting for the JAMB UTME exam, the next step is to prepare for the Federal University of Technology Minna screening exercise.
Below are the documents you would need for the screening exercise.
- Copies of your jamb e-slip.
- Originals of the Federal University of Technology Minna screening print out.
- Your Original O’level result.
Please know that The Federal University of Technology Minna does not accept awaiting result.
- Your birth certificate
- Copies of recent coloured passport photographs
These are the various cut off mark for the different departments.
It is important to know that scoring the required cut off mark does not guarantee you your admission. Reason because there are limited slot available and the merit list is based on the highest scoring student. So if the cut off mark is 180, you scored 190, and some one scored 250, that person would be considered before you.