Lagos state university (LASU) is an higher educational institution owned and operated by the Lagos State government. LASU was established in 1983 in order to advance learning and establish academic excellence. It is remarkable to note that LASU is the only state university in the former British colony.
The university offers courses at Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels, it has about 35,000 students enrolled for full time programme spread across four campuses which are: The main campus located along Badagry Expressway, the faculty of Engineering and Agriculture in Epe, the medical college campus at Ikeja and the last campus located at Surulere. LASU also has a part time institute that offers courses in several part time programs ranging from Diploma, Sandwich and Certificate degrees.
Application And Registration Process
- Visit the official website at www.lasu.edu.ng and select payment option on the drop down list.
- Pay the sum of #10,000 only as application fees through this link: http://studentservices.lasu.edu.ng
- Open the online portal for sandwich/diploma/certificate part-time application then click the generate payment option.
- Pay your application fee of #10,000 at www.lasu.edu.ng/epayment
- At the payment portal, select “main campus” from the campus drop down and also select “Sandwich/postgraduate application” n from the study type then click “proceed”.
- Kindly follow the step by step portal’s instructions to generate your transaction ID then pay the application fee with your generated Transaction ID on LASU Quickteller payment portal at
- Go back to the part time application portal and enter your application number and surname in the fields provided then click on the “submit” button.
- Follow the displayed instructions then complete your application
- Print out your application form
Admission Requirements Into Various Part Time Programmes
- Diploma in Physical and Health Education (2 years)
– Three credit passes in O’level be it WASCE/NECO/GCE
– Grade II Teachers certificate with at least three merit passes
-Mature candidates not less than 35years who are also national or international athletes with medals/certificates are also eligible for admission so long as they have at least two credit passes
- Diploma in Nursery and Primary Education (2 years)
-Teachers with Grade II or other qualification with at least three years teaching experience
-Mature candidates not less than 35 and primary school teachers may be considered even if they don’t have three credit passes
– Candidates with passes in N.C.E with at least three O’level passes
- Diploma in Library and information science (2 years)
– Candidates with four credit passes at not more than two sittings including English at SSCE/NECO/GCE
- Certificate and Diploma programme in film studies (1 year)
– Candidates must possess at least three credit passes in relevant subjects in the arts,natural and social sciences at not more than two sittings in WASCE/NECO/GCE
– Holders of Teacher’s Grade II with three credit passes in relevant subjects can also apply for admission
-Mature candidates not less than 30 years with other certificates and five years work experience can also apply for admission.
- Diploma in music (2 years)
– Candidates must possess at least three credit passes in three subjects in O’level be it SSCE/NECO/WAEC
– A minimum of merit pass at Grade 3 level in ABRSM or MUSON examination is also acceptable
- Diploma in Theatre arts (2years)
– Candidates must possess at least four credit passess in O’level including English.
– Credit passess obtained in Teacher’s Grade II exam including English,Social studies and literature will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Christian studies (2 years)
– Candidates must possess at least three credit passes in O’level including English.
– Candidate possessing three merit passes in the Teacher’s Grade II are also at an advantage or candidates with certificates from theological institute can also apply.
Sandwich Programmes And Requirements
Faculty Of Education
B.Sc. Education Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Physical and Health Education, Health Education, Educational Technology, Computer Science Education
B.Sc. Education: Economics, Political Science, Geography, Business Education, Accounting Education, Educational Management
iii. B.A Education: History, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French, English, Yoruba, Arabic.
B.ED. Social Studies, Early Childhood and Primary Education, Guidance & Counselling.
-Five O’ level credit passes or Teacher’s Grade II passes at not more than two sittings
– A university/polytechnic two year Diploma certificate in the relevant discipline obtained at mot less than merit level
– Advanced Diploma in Sports form the Nigerian Institute for Sports
Specific Disciplines And Requirements
-English Major: Credit Passes in literature in English and English Language at ‘O’Level or its equivalent
-Economics Major: Credit Passes in English Language and Mathematics
– Physical and Health Education, Social Studies, Political Science Majors; at least a Credit Pass in English Language and at least a Pass in Mathematics at ‘O’ Level’ of its equivalent.
-Health Education Major: A Credit Pass in English Language and a Pass in Mathematics, holders of Staff registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificates are also eligible.
-Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Passes in Mathematics and English Language.