Mediterranean Shipping Company is a private shipping company founded in 1970 in Naples, Italy by a seafarer Captain Gianluigi Aponte. It now has her headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The company is mainly into Container Shipping and Logistics. MSC operates in all the major ports across the globe totaling over 300 ports. Her most significant port is Antwerp port in Belgium.
Today, Mediterranean Shipping Company has grown to become the second largest shipping company in the world. It currently has over 480 offices in about 150 countries of the world. Mediterranean Shipping Company moves in over 200 trading routes and has over 28,000 employees across the globe. MSC Cruises is a subsidiary of Mediterranean Shipping Company which thrives on holiday cruises. The MSC notable ships include MSC Daniela, MSC Bruxelles, MSC Prestige, MSC Carmen, MSC Chicago, MSC Camille, MSC Carouge, MSC Oscar and MSC Zoe, to mention just a few.
Over the years, MSC has continued to grow from strength to strength making shipping easier for her numerous customers across the globe. In 2014, MSC made a profit of $6.16 billion and recorded a revenue of $28.19 billion in 2015. MSC offers personalized service. They also provide a platform by which you can order and monitor your services.
How To Register On MSC Online Platform
Below is the process of registering on the MSC Platform and also proceed to monitor the movement of your goods in transit. Creating an account on the MSC online platform is quite advantageous and below are the steps to creating account:
- Log on to https://www.mymsc.com/Link/Home/Index
- Navigate and click on “Register- New User”
- The next page will come with some letters which you are to input in the space provided. Input the letters and verify its correct, then click on “continue”
- You will then be provided with a registration form to fill. Carefully input your details and confirm the details before clicking on next.
- Input other required details and submit. Your account will be set up.
From your dashboard in your account, you can access the services of MSC and even track your shipment.
How To Track Container Online
To track your container from anywhere in the world sent via Mediterranean Shipping Company, kindly follow the steps below:
- Log on to https://www.msc.com/nga?lang=en-gb
- Navigate and click on “Track shipment” at the left hand side of the web page.
- Input your booking number and verify the number to be sure its the correct number before proceeding.
- Navigate and click on the search icon just after the box.
What you will have next is the information containing the details of the shipment and its transit info.
Kindly contact any of the following means for enquiry or complaints, you may contact Mediterranean Shipping Company Nigeria Limited at 41, Creek Road, Lagos or via P.O.Box 4499, Apapa or call +234 909 3999 601. You may as well send an email to NG401-Info@msc.com