The Republic of Seychelles also called Seychelles is an archipelagic island country in eastern Africa. Seychelles president name is Danny Faure.
The islands of Seychelles were claimed by France in the year 1756. It became a separate colony from Mauritius in 1903.
Seychelles remained uninhabited until 27 August 1770 when the first settlers arrived. They were on board the ship Thélemaque. The Seychelleslatergained Independence as a republican country in the year1976.
The Seychelloiscultureis enriched with Asian, African and European influence. Hence, the diversity of the people, art and traditions and harmonizing way of life. Its official languages are English, French, Seselwa and Seychellois Creole. Their currency is Seychellois rupee.
How Can I Go To Seychelles From Nigeria?
Citizens of Seychelles are allowed to travel down to Nigeria visa-free for 90 days. All you need is to tender your International passport at the point of entry. This will serve as visitor’s permit on arrival formalities. You can access flight going to Seychelles from Lagos or Abuja. It takes 7 hours and 22 minutes flying time from Nigeria to Seychelles.
Do They Have An Embassy In Nigeria?
Yes they do it is called Seychellois embassy.
Seychellois embassy: This body is responsible for legally representing the Seychellois Government in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Seychelles environment is very safe. Most visits are trouble free. Just be careful when taking night walks as a tourist because there has been an increase in bag snatching and other petty stealing.
Seychelles Visa Or Permits Comes In Different Types
- Visitor’s Permit: This visa is valid for 30 days. This visa is mainly for people who come to Seychelles for visitation purpose, like Visiting family and friends, for business purposes, exploration, pleasure and holiday locations.
- Work Permit:. This visa is valid for more than 12 months. It is mainly for people who are on a professional trips. The working class who evidently have the financial services for the duration.
Seychelles Cost Of visa
A visa to Seychelles is issued for free for the first month on the island. If your stay is extended, a fee of N134,155 which is approximately N135,000 will be paid . It last for a duration of 3 months. A renewal of visitor’s permit must be done a week before expiration date. The exchange rate is subjected to the Seychellois Rupee to Naira exchange rate.
The visa requirements for Seychelles are listed below;
- A valid passport with the required dates.
- At least two blank pages on your valid passport.
- A valid return or onward ticket.( It can be purchased when you arrive at Seychelles.)
- A valid Proof of accommodation and contact details ( so that you can be reached when you arrive in Seychelles)
- Financial liberation: A minimum amount of N55,000 per day .
- Zero criminal records.
How And Where To Apply
Seychelles visas (visitor’s permits) are issued to tourists on arrival at the country’s port or boarder. The required documents along with your Seychelles visa application form will be presented at the airport. After approval, Seychelles visa (visitor’s permit) will be issued to you by the Seychelles Department of Immigration.
Department of Immigration
PO Box 430, Victoria
Tel: +248 429 3636
Fax: +248 422 5035 Email: email@example.com