In case you have lost your SIM card or your SIM card was blocked due to multiple entering of wrong passwords, you can easily retrieve it.
Your lost SIM card can easily be retrieved using a back-Up or Welcome Back SIM card. But in case your SIM card was blocked due to illegal activities on your number, you can only retrieve the number through SIM swap.
Today’s guide will teach you how to retrieve your blocked or lost SIM card of the following networks, MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9MOBILE.
HERE IS HOW TO RETRIEVE GLO LINE AND THE REQUIREMENTS
- Make a duplicate of your original ID such as National or Student ID card, Driver’s license, International Passport, employee ID card etc. ensure that the ID card bears a clear and legible picture of the bearer
- Provide a proof of ownership of the old line either a sworn affidavit, police report, SIM certificate, Glomobile invoice for last 3 months or Receipt of SIM purchase etc.
- visit the nearest Glo office with the above documents and pay the sum of N100 for the SIM replacement.
HERE IS HOW TO RETRIEVE MTN LINE AND THE REQUIREMENT
- Go and look for the old sim pack that was stolen, but if you can’t find it then simply get a piece of paper and jot the following details:
- Your full names
- Lost/stolen/damaged phone no
- The last amount you recharged
- Five numbers you often call
- All the numbers on your friends and family list or some of the number on your friends and family list if you can’t remember all the numbers.
- N500 for the SIM replacement
- Visit the nearest MTN office close to you along with the paper and the N500. They will ask you few questions and will then give you a new sim and N500 recharge card. But they will charge you N500 for this.
- Another way is to retrieve it online by visiting the website at http://www.mtnonline,com
- Then fill the SIM retrieval form with the same details above.
HERE IS HOW TO RETRIEVE 9MOBILE LINE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Below are the required:
- full names and your date of birth
- Get a new 9mobile SIM
- Phone number of the old SIM
- three numbers you often call
- alternative number for contact
- serial no of the new line
- phone number of the new line
- your email address
- Then visit the nearest 9mobile office or the website and answer the questions in the form correctly and submit
- After which, wait for 24 hours, then insert the new line into your phone and start using.
HERE IS HOW TO RETRIEVE AIRTEL LINE AND THE REQUIREMENTS
- You can visit the Airtel self-service portal and register an account on the portal
- Purchase a new Airtel line and Register it, then sign in and click on the SIM swap button
- After which, fill the form with the correct answers and details such as last amount recharged, three frequently called numbers and how long you last recharged the lost or damaged SIM then submit it.
- Once you have submitted it, the old SIM will be blocked and you can start using the new SIM with the old SIM’s number
Please note that the various networks may require different information for them to re-validate your SIM but we believe that they won’t ask you to provide anything other than the ones we have mentioned above.