Electricity Tariff we know varies across board in different countries with Nigeria no an exemption in this worldwide trend. The Prepaid Meter is a new innovation in Nigeria, which most people including myself see as a messiah as this has clearly been an eye opener to our years of heavy Rip-off by the Discos in the past. With this new development you only get charged for whatever you use as against the previous practice where the Then PHCN Officials comes to your Apartment to take your Meter Readings every other month.
The dark days are over and the new era in the Power Sector is here but this has not gotten to everybody in the country as at yet. However the fair average that presently enjoy this “Luxury” all around the country, have most times given a positive feedback in favour of this new Technology which does not give room to Estimated Billing practice that is most common with the old System. In this post we will be carefully looking at various ways we stand to benefit from this new technology, its Pons and Cons and most importantly how to recharge and Load the Cards On the Prepaid Meter Machine.
How To Purchase Prepaid Meter Power Credit Online And In The Outlets
- Visit any of the dealer Outlets or the Dico Offices nationwide with your meter card.
- On getting to the agent’s shop, provide the card which would carry your Meter number as well.
- Presently the 100 units of credits goes for 2,300 Naira only in all the outlets which if well utilized would be for A Month and Half. However you can decide to buy as much as you can afford.
- Once the account is credited, you would be provided with a 20 digit codes that comes along with your receipt.
- The 20 Digit is the recharge code to be entered through the UIU Keyboard
How To Recharge The Meter Using The 20 Digits Recharge Codes Of Units Bought
- Ensure that the control box is connected to a power source or alternatively, batteries can be inserted at the back of the box incase of power failure.
- Once the box is powered on, now enter the 20 digit recharge code for activation. The codes will be displayed on the UIU LCD Screen as you type.
- If the Token is incorrect or mistakenly typed, Kindly press the Red Button to cancel the activation. Otherwise if the Token is correct, Press the green button to activate the code and recharge.
- If the Token entered is correct, the screen will display “ACCEPT” which mean that the recharge was successful.
- If the screen displays “REJECT” then it means that the code was not accepted and the recharge FAILED. This may occur if you have entered a wrong or invalid recharge code, you may need to check again and retry.
How To Check Meter Number, Balance And The Total Credit Used
All these information are very vital to user to enable keep records and make sure they utilize their credit efficiently.
To check Meter Number press 65 then the blue button, the meter number is the 11 digit numbers that displays on the screen.
To Check Balance PRESS “07” on the keypad and then press the blue button. The available balance will be displayed in this format. (102.12).
To Check the credit used so far PRESS 07 on the keypad and press the blue button, then wait for the reply to be displayed as shown above.
How To Settle Outstanding Debt On The New Prepaid Meter
This applies to those who probably have backlogs of debt on the old meter billing system but just got their Prepaid Meter. Trust me The debt will not just be forgotten. However it would be spread over a certain period of time to make the payment seamless and not hitting too hard on our budget.
We hope this information was helpful. Please feel free to ask any question as regards this post or any of our posts.