The Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano was formally known as Northwest University, Kano and it was established in the year 2012 under the administration of Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.
The Chancellor is in person of Alh. Isma’ila Muhammad Mera, CON Emir of Argungu and the vice chancellor is Professor Mustapha Ahmad Isah. It is a state-owned university.
Registration Procedure For The Northwest University, Kano
All applicant who wants to register for the Northwest University admission, are to visit the school’s website at nwu.edu.ng and follow this procedure.
- On reaching the website, click on the tab tagged ‘2018 ADMISSION PORTAL’.
- This action takes you to the next page being the payment page.
Now, you will have to generate an Invoice through the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) platform.
- Generate this Payment Invoice and take it to any Bank, anywhere (it is not a must for you to be in Kano).
- Present the payment invoice to the cashier and make payment.
The screening fee is two thousand naira only (#2000), but bank charges may apply.
- Now return to your portal on the school’s website. It would be open for registration immediately payment is complete.
- Fill in the application form with the correct details.
- Upload your O’level results and your recent passport photograph.
- Make sure you give valid email and phone number.
- Proofread your application form and make sure every slight detail is correct and carefully filled.
- Submit the form there on the website by clicking the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Print out your acknowledgement slip. Be sure you printed your payment receipt too.
READ ALSO- How To Register And The Requirements For Northwest University Kano Direct Entry
Northwest University, Kano Admission Requirements
The following are the requirements candidate must possess in order to secure admission at the Northwest University, Kano.
- A applicants must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in the relevant O’level subject combination (to their choice of course) at not more than two sitting in the SSCE, GCE, NECO or it approved equivalence.
**Credit passes in English and Mathematics is a compulsory requirement for all courses**
- All candidates who wish to get admitted into the Northwest University, Kano. must have written the JAMB UTME examination and must have scored at least one hundred and sixty (160) and above.
This is the official JAMB cut off mark for the Northwest University Kano.
They must have also chosen the Northwest University, Kano. as their first choice of institution when registering.
- All candidate must have passed the Northwest University, Kano. Screening Exercise to be qualified.
- No under age candidate would be allowed.
Here is how to apply to the Northwest University, Kano.
On your screening day, all you need to do is to appear at the venue with photocopies of all your documents (O’level result, Jamb result, etc) including the ones you printed during your registration.
To be on a safe side, you are advised to appear at the venue thirty minutes (30 minutes) before your exam time.