Northwest University, Kano (is now known as Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano) is one of the most renowned university in Northern Nigeria. It is the choice institution for many students who wish to have the best of university education.
You can get a place in the Northwest University, Kano either through UTME or Direct Entry. This article offers information on the requirements for registration for Northwest University`s Direct Entry, and how to register.
These are the requirements you must meet to be eligible for Northwest University Direct Entry:
- You must have made a choice of Northwest University, Kano as your First Choice during the JAMB Direct Entry examination.
- You must have at least five (5) Credit Passes in SSCE or Equivalent Exams, including Mathematics and English Language, at not more than two (2) sittings.
- You must have obtained IJMB, DIPLOMA, NCE or any other equivalent certificate or statement of result.
- If you are using a Diploma certificate, you must have at least a CGPA of 3.0 for science-based programmes, and a CGPA of 3.5 for Arts-based programmes.
- If you are using an NCE certificate, you must have a minimum of 9 points for programmes in the Faculty of Education.
- If you are using IJMB certificate, you must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts programmes.
How to Register
Below is the step-by-step procedure on how to register for the Northwest Unversity, Kano Direct Entry Programme.
- You have to ensure that the University is open for admission registration before you proceed to register. The portal for registration is usually opened at a date the university will specify, and may remain open for about 3 weeks. So ensure you are up-to-date.
- To register, you have to visit the University website at nwu.edu.ng. `
- Once at the website, click on ADMISSION PORTAL, that usually has the year of admission as the prefix, like 2018 ADMISSION PORTAL.
- On the portal, generate a payment invoice to be able to make your payment for your Direct Entry registration.
- You would have to take to the invoice to any branch of Zenith Bank to make your payment. The fee usually is Two Thousand, Three Hundred Naira (#2,300) only on the average, which includes bank charges. The account payment can be made into this account
- When you are done making the deposit at the bank, return to the university admission portal to complete your registration.
- Fill in the required information accurately, as this cannot be changed after submission.
- Then print the Acknowledgement Slip that carries your personal information, and choice programme of study and other necessary information.
So, it is that easy. You will be notified when it is time for screening, and all the necessary information you need to know. It is amazing these days that we can do a lot of things from the comfort of our homes.
Best of lucks!