The CMA CGM Group is a shipping company founded in 1978 by Jacques Saadé in Marseille. It has grown into a worldwide brand with over 755 offices and 420 ports of call in 160 countries. The company is currently headed by Rodolphe Saadé from its hedquarters in Marseille. It has more than 200 shipping lines and operates on all the seas in the world. It transports up to 18.95 million TEUs per year through its notable ships like the “CMA CGM Bougainville”. It has over 30,000 employees around the world and 494 vessel fleets.
The company has built a reputation for efficiency in the shipping industry which efficiency translated into 21.1 billion USD in revenues and for which reason customers are rest assured that their containers are in safe hands. If you are looking to transport your container, you should consider using the services of the company. We have compiled in this article all you need to know about using CMA CGM personalized services to find the appropriate route that best fits your needs and also to track your container in transit.
How To Use The CMA CGM Route Finder
Since the company has a high volume of operations around the world, it operates several routes to get to the same destination. As a result, they have created an innovative solution on their online platform that enables you select the most appropriate route for your needs and for your business to eliminate and also minimize incidences of you awaiting your goods non-stop or for worrying lengths of time. To use the route finder, follow this simple procedure:
- Visit the company’s website at www.cma-cgm.com
- Scroll down the page to the route finder section
- Enter your place of loading in the box provided
- Enter your place of discharge, that is, the shipment’s destination in the box beneath the first one
- Click on search
You can use this service even if you are transporting your shipment via any CMA CGM’s subsidiaries.
How To Track Your Shipment
While your container is in transit, you can check up on it by way of tracking to know where it is and when you should expect it. To track your shipment:
- Go to the company’s website at www.cma-cgm.com
- Input your container, bill of loading or booking number
- Click on search
- Go to www.cma-cgm.com/ebusiness/tracking
- Scroll down to Container tracking
- Input your container, bill of lading or booking number
- Enter reference(s)
- Click on shipment tracking
Perhaps, the most exciting thing about this company is that it operates all over the world and on every sea. Hurry and book your shipment.