Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Ogun State popularly called FUNAAB is a federal institution located at Abeokuta in Ogun State. It was established on January 1, 1988. FUNAAB started academic operations in the year 1988 from the initial site at Isale-Igbein in Abeokuta but eventually moved to its permanent site on a 10,000-hectare along the Abeokuta-Ibadan road.
The university has over ten faculties and seventy departments. FUNAAB offers degrees ranging from post-secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate levels in both fulltime and part time mode.
FUNAAB Part-time Programme
The Part- time programme is scheduled to last between seven sessions for Agricultural based courses and six sessions for Natural Sciences based courses. It is a non-residential weekends only programme.
The programme consists mainly of undergraduate courses, some of the available programmes include the following: Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, Agricultural Administration, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biological Science, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Home Science and Mangement, Hospitality and Tourism, Nutrition and Dietetics, Crop Protection, Horticulture, Plant Breeding and Seed Technology, Plant Physiology and Crop Production, Soil Science and Land Management, Forestry and Wildlife Management, Aquaculture and Fisheries management, Enviromental Management and Toxicology and finally Water Resources and Agrometeorology.
FUNAAB Part-Time Entry Requirements
- All applicants must possess the minimum entry requirement of five credit passes in O’level in the following subjects: Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Agric Science in not more than two sittings. A credit pass in Geography is mandatory for applicants who wants to study Water Resources and Agrometeorology.
- Direct Entry candidates (Polytechnic) must possess good grades in related discipline form institution recognized by FUNAAB senate.
Application Process For FUNAAB Part-time Programme
- Visit the university’s website at unaab.ed.ng , on the homepage click on Part-time portal.
- Log onto https://.portal.unaab.edu.ng/pt in order to generate and print a payment invoice. Ensure the payment invoice contains a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)
- Take the invoice to any of the listed banks and pay the sum of N15,000 only for the Part –time Application Form
- Go back to the portal after payment to fill the Biodata Profile form and Application form, create your own profile on the portal and upload your O’level results. Direct Entry candidates should also upload their ND/HND/NCE/A’level results. Fill the form correctly then submit and print out the Completed Application form and Receipt.
- Direct Entry applicants are exempted from the screening exam while other candidates will participate in a screening exercise before they can be offered admission into any of the courses listed above,