9Mobile formerly owned by a UAE company by name Etisalat is widely regarded as the most innovative, youth- friendly and customer focused network. 9Mobile is the trading name for Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Limited. It is a Nigerian private limited liability company headquartered in Lagos. The company obtained a unified Access Service License from the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) in 2007 and has been in operation for 9 years.
9Mobile has built numerous modern facilities and has been a leader in innovation and quality among mobile network providers in Nigeria. The name was changed in July 2007 to reflect the new brand identity which the company is determined to share with its subscribers. 9Mobile provides data services for mobile and non-mobile devices such as personal computers, modems and MiFis.
The term MiFi is a common term for Mobile WiFi and it is a wireless router that serves as a mobile WiFi hotspot. A MiFi device can be connected to a cellular network to provide internet service for up to ten devices. These devices are small, compact, ultra light and ultra slim devices that can be carried anywhere and can fit into small spaces.
Different 9Mobile MiFi
9Mobile has several MiFi devices that can be purchased from any of their retail stores around the country, you can aslo buy from the official website or from online stores such as Jumia or Konga. Here are some of the MiFi devices described below:
1. 9Mobile 4G LTE MiFi: It is a 4G LTE WiFi-modem that costs #18,800.
It is a data only device and therefore cannot be used to make calls or send SMS. It has both 3G and 4G data services and can be connected to ten connections at once. It also has a long lasting and durable battery of 2300MAh that can last up to 8 hours. It comes with a bonus data offer of 10GB valid for 30 days.
2. 9Mobile ZTE MF910 4G LTE: It is a new 4G pocket Wi-Fi router and mobile hotspot to support 4G LTE FDD networks. It is a LTE category 4 mobile WiFi hotspot that can support a high maximim download speed of up to 150 Megabytes per second. It can also support 2G GPRS/GSM, 3G UMTS and 4G LTE. It has a Micro USB port and SIM socket. It weighs about 105g and supports Win7, Windows XP, Vista and Mac OS. It uses a Li-ion battery of 2300mAh that can last up to 8hours.
How To Setup The MiFi Hotspot
- Purchase the MiFi and insert a simcard then buy a data plan
- Go to “My computer” on your personal computer and follow the displayed instructions to install the MiFi software
- Launch the MiFi software from its icon or from any internet browser like Google chrome
- Enter the url http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar
- Enter the default login password which is admin
Note you can change your login password by clicking “Change password” in your settings then change to preferred password then save.
Benefits Of 9mobile Mifi
- Able to connect up to ten devices simultaneously
- Ultra light, ultraslim and portable device that can be carried in your pockets, briefcase or attaché.
- Fast as light internet access
- Increased security compared to a public WiFi
- Access wireless connection from anywhere anytime